Corporate Responsibility, Government Relations – Public Policy Associate
JPMorgan Chase strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive and sustainable change in communities across the globe. JPMorgan Chase annually invests more than $250 million to create pathways to opportunity so that individuals have access to the knowledge, skills, resources, and capital they need to secure their futures and compete in the global economy. Our programs seek to address key drivers of economic inequality experienced by vulnerable populations around the globe through four key focus areas: Jobs and Skills; Small Business; Community Development; and Financial Health. Please visit JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Responsibility for more information.
Corporate Responsibility (CR) is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda by crafting goals, policies, and initiatives that align with and support the firm’s business strategies, reflect our values, and support the communities where we do business. CR includes Global Philanthropy, Government Relations and Public Policy, Sustainable Finance, and the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
Identifying promising solutions and scaling the best models for more inclusive economic growth in many cases requires more focused public policies at the local, state, and national level. As we examine the challenges that so many of our communities continue to face, we seek to leverage our unique subject matter expertise, data assets, and business insights to contribute in a more significant way to a broader set of public policy conversations focused on creating greater economic opportunity and reducing barriers to mobility.
Government Relations is seeking a Public Policy Associate to support public policy development, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to drive more inclusive growth on issues including workforce, small business, and community development, as well as financial health. In this new role, the Policy Associate would engage in the following activities:
Conduct policy research on a range of issues that create economic opportunity and drive more inclusive growth
Support efforts to translate policy research, analysis, and data into reports, issue briefs, charts, and other accessible content
Identify, analyze, and synthesize relevant information and data, including conducting literature reviews
Draft, edit, fact-check, and proofread documents to ensure accuracy and clarity
Build and maintain expertise in designated issue areas
Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings, events, issue-based coalition work, and other outreach efforts
Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3-5 years of public policy experience in government, non-profit, academic, or private sector setting
- Knowledge of federal, state, local or international policy, including legislative and regulatory processes and practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to understand and effectively communicate a broad range of public policy issues
- Results oriented with demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, with strong ability to manage projects independently and meet deadlines
- Creative, flexible, and collaborative, with an ability to work in a team-oriented environment and engage employees at all levels
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to problem solve in complex environment
- Writing or PowerPoint sample (e.g., recent article, working paper, or class paper) that demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-29