Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
corporate responsibility project manager
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Are you ready to bring your passion and expertise to Target to help cultivate a powerfully positive local and global presence? For the experienced corporate responsibility pro with a strong and time-tested background in non-profit leadership, a role in CR could be that just-right fit. Join our team where business savvy meets the greater good and you’ll soon see—this is about so much more than volunteerism. You’ll rise to the challenge of maintaining Target’s good stewardship of the environment, its resources and its key partnerships with other organizations. As part of CR, the Target Foundation focuses on where to best allocate funds to support various programs and initiatives. Or you might assist with sustainable global sourcing practices, and projects that foster environmental responsibility and ways to minimize our footprint at both the macro and store levels. Whatever your role with CR, you’ll help influence how Target leverages its distinctive brand and unparalleled resources to set the bar for responsible, sustainable and charitable business practices.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Provide project management support for the annual ESG Report publication including overseeing all scheduling and coordination of all necessary team and vendor meetings, gathering of partner feedback, and management of timeline and deliverables.
- Provide project management support for other key ESG disclosures (including CDP) that require significant coordination and engagement with subject matter experts to drive process improvements and mitigate workload.
- Lead Corporate Responsibility’s financial routines by partnering across Corporate Responsibility and with Finance to oversee all processes, tools, and routines inclusive of leading cross functional team meetings, management of timeline/deliverables, data consolidation and synthesis and evolution of tools and process.
- Contribute to and maintain a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target’s values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other relevant field of study and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of directly related work experience within a project or program management capacity, must include experience with project management tools, methodologies and governance systems; experience within Corporate Responsibility, Merchandising, Marketing, Corporate Strategy or Operational Excellence preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite of products and other technologies (ie Smartsheet).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively across departments.
- Highly organized with the ability to independently adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to changing, ambiguous or competing priorities
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to coordinate cross-functionally, manage scope and resources and develop goals and deadlines
- Ability to synthesis data and create operational reporting/dashboards
- Ability to develop effective and collaborative relationships with key business leaders in order to drive accountability, instill confidence, and influence outcomes across business functions and all levels of Target Team Member
- Ability to develop effective written and verbal communications and presentations for different levels of leadership.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Job posted: 2022-09-13