Corporate Responsibility – Public Affairs – Mid-Atlantic Region, VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies and initiatives that align with and support the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support the communities where we do business.
Within the CR department, Public Affairs is responsible for the development and execution of multi-faceted communications and public affairs campaigns focused on JPMorgan Chase’s commitment to increase economic opportunity around the globe. Through a variety of communication channels, CR reaches key audiences, including opinion leaders, elected officials, philanthropic partners, stakeholders, issue experts and employees.
Public Affairs drives awareness for the firm’s positive impact at the local level and promotes a favorable policy climate by engaging and informing employees and community stakeholders. The Public Affairs regional offices amplify local stories, showcasing the firm’s footprint and raising awareness for community investments, educate employees on key political and policy issues of impact, promote civic participation and engage with business, nonprofit and civic leaders in the community.
Public Affairs is seeking a Vice President for the Mid-Atlantic region. Candidate must have experience with policy and advocacy, communications and campaign execution and event management. The person in this role will support awareness for Corporate Responsibility portfolio in the Mid-Atlantic region, which includes DE, PA, MD, VA, and Washington, D.C.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues in the Government Relations, Global Philanthropy, Office of Non-Profit Engagement and Sustainable Finance departments to coordinate and manage a robust campaign approach that helps the firm maintain and enhance its brand and relationships with targeted, high-level audiences
- Serve as regional hub manager responsible for coordinated local planning and decision making and integration with the business to ensure a unified firm approach
- Work with business partners to align CR outreach and engagement strategies with business objectives
- Manage strategic alliances and third-party influencer outreach to validate and amplify the company’s impact in the communities it serves
- Manage and deploy a network of JPMC executives trained to represent the firm and engage with elected officials and community leaders
- Coordinate across CR teams in market to drive a consistent stakeholder outreach and community engagement strategy
- Support the PAC and GOTV efforts in the region
- Collaborate with regional communications teams, Market Leadership teams, Business Resource Groups and other internal stakeholders to drive coordinated engagement strategies
- Represent the Public Affairs team on market expansion projects in coordination with CR colleagues
- Build a strategy to engage employees in the civic process on behalf of the firm
- Coordinate with Federal Government Relations team on outreach activities such as fly-ins, recess events, ambassador alignment, and political and policy engagement
- Support internal communications strategies, including developing talking points, toolkits and social media content
- Additional projects as assigned
- College degree and minimum of 8 years relevant experience. Background in communications, government and/or political and issue campaigns a plus
- Advanced proficiency required with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Complete knowledge of formats for business letters, correspondence and reports
- Precise use of English grammar, punctuation and spelling in written communications
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at same time
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience interacting with executive management and senior leadership
- Strong reporting skills
- Flexibility to manage constantly changing priorities and timelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-19