Corporate Responsibility, State and Local Government Relations Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies and initiatives that align with the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support communities where we do business. CR includes Global Philanthropy, Global Government Relations, Sustainable Finance, the JPMorgan Chase PolicyCenter and the JPMorgan Chase Institute. Please visit JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Responsibility for more information.
The Regional Government Relations Manager will be based in Seattle. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Representing JPMorgan Chase & Co. with state and local government officials in the Pacific Northwest and Upper Midwest (WA, OR, ID, MT, UT, WY, ND, SD, and NE).
- Identifying and influencing state or local legislative proposals that would impact JPMC.
- Identifying proactive legislative and public policy opportunities at the state and local level.
- Supporting market managers’ relationships with state and local elected officials.
- Advising government bankers on matters related to state and local commercial banking business, depository qualifications and financial services legislation.
- Managing state bankers associations, contract lobbyists and national organizations, as assigned.
- Managing regional Political Action Committee (PAC) budgets.
- Understanding the governmental and political environment within assigned region.
- Keeping management apprised of political and legislative environment.
- Coordinating with Corporate Responsibility colleagues to identify, develop and leverage opportunities to engage with government officials regarding the firm’s growing philanthropic initiatives and market expansion efforts.
- Collaborating on strategy with Market Leadership Teams, regional communications colleagues, Location Leaders in Strategic Hubs, Business Resource Groups and other internal stakeholders within assigned region.
- Lobbying experience in priority states: WA and OR
- Understanding of politics and state and local legislative process.
- Strong understanding of financial services and business issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7+ years of total relevant experience in legislation and/or lobbying.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Job posted: 2021-01-28