Corporate Responsibility – VP, Government Relations Manager
The Regional Government Relations Manager will be based in Chicago. The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Representing JPMorgan Chase & Co. with state and local government officials in the Midwest (IL, IN, WI, MN, IA, MO, and KS).
• Identifying and influencing state or local legislative proposals that would impact JPMC.
• Identifying proactive legislative and public policy opportunities at the state and local level.
• Supporting market managers’ relationships with state and local elected officials.
• Advising government bankers on matters related to state and local commercial banking business, depository qualifications and financial services legislation.
- Managing state bankers associations, contract lobbyists and national organizations, as assigned.
• Managing regional Political Action Committee (PAC) budgets and making effective PAC contributions.
• Understanding the governmental and political environment within assigned region.
• Keeping management apprised of political and legislative environment.
• Coordinating with Corporate Responsibility colleagues to identify, develop and leverage opportunities to engage with government officials regarding the firm’s growing philanthropic initiatives and market expansion efforts.
- Collaborating on strategy with Market Leadership Teams, regional communications colleagues, Location Leaders in Strategic Hubs, Business Resource Groups and other internal stakeholders within assigned region.
- Strong and effective lobbying experience in priority Midwest states.
• Exceptional relationships and understanding of politics and state and local legislative process, particularly in the Midwest.
• Strong understanding of financial services and business issues.
• Impeccable integrity.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Proven strong work ethic.
• Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• 10+ years of total relevant experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-03