Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Corporate Social Responsibility Coordinator
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Corporate Social Responsibility Coordinator will be responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative and general office functions as required by the Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake SAP data entry including Purchase Requisitions
- Populate and update records of the U.S. Operations raw sugar suppliers through the CSR Authenticate web-platform – and run reports.
- Keeping Corporate Responsibility department administrative and information systems up to date, creating reports and collating data from multiple sources
- Liaise with other departments/entities within the organization to gather sustainability/ supply chain data or other information with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Ensure all relevant CR policies and guidance documents are uploaded to CSR Procedures Manual
- Ensure all guidance documents are distributed to suppliers on a timely manner.
- Communicate with suppliers as directed by the Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Assist with travel arrangements, as well as preparing expense reports through Concur.
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations, and CR materials.
- Implement and coordinate a range of activities and initiatives, which are designed to have a positive impact on the success of ASR’s CSR program
- Assist in the scheduling and management of internal social audits and social assessments in supply chains beyond raw sugar, as well as following up after evaluations have been completed.
- Maintain files.
- Assist in preparation of reports and analysis of data.
- Special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Strong Time Management skills.
- Resilience, flexibility, and the ability to cope well within an occasional stressful and fast paced environment while keeping a positive outlook on any situations she/he might face.
- Ensure that a diplomatic, polite, and professional manner is always maintained in all internal and external communications.
- An interest in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Knowledge of international development sector would be desirable, but not a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and adaptable.
- Exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Capable of problem solving and multitasking.
WORK EXPERIENCES & REQUIRMENTS
- Minimum of 2+ year’s administrative experience, legal assistant work experience in a corporate environment preferred, but not required.
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
- Training in SAP useful but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- HS diploma or equivalent, required
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-08