Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout life’s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally. To enable this, we provide:
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
*All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And that’s just the beginning…
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether you’re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
Across Unum Group, we are committed to helping people through difficult times in their lives by embracing a caring spirit and a culture of giving back. The Corporate Social Responsibility Manager plays a significant role in supporting the company’s philanthropic approach to strengthen the communities where we work and live by providing leadership to develop strategy and program implementation plans. This includes management and administration of our corporate giving programs and reporting and employee engagement/volunteerism to align with the UN Global Compact Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This role also supports various Environmental, Social and Governance; as well as Inclusion and Diversity programs and projects by working in collaboration with the ESG and I & D teams. Working directly with Unum’s People & Communications team, the Corporate Social Responsibility Manager will broaden awareness of our commitment to our communities, enhance our reputation and brand, and drive employee engagement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic direction for the corporate responsibility strategy by working with the AVP and director of CSR.
- Create implementation plan and execute the plan to align CSR activities to the overall strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key business partners.
- Represent Unum and its senior leaders in the community with key stakeholders.
- Manage the company’s corporate social responsibility functions and programs within Unum’s enterprise
- Responsible for all aspects of program management – stakeholder analysis, delivery mechanisms, measures and post implementation support, and communication plans.
- Accountable for establishing clear and achievable objectives and managing project priorities within established timelines and quality measures adhering to sustainability standards.
- Play an instrumental role in building and strengthening relationships with non-profit entities, civic organizations, Unum’s senior leaders and colleagues.
- Serve as content expert and primary point of contact, internally and externally, for community investments, engagement activities and sustainability.
- Evaluate, plan, implement, track, measure and analyze corporate social responsibility efforts, including grants, sponsorships, volunteerism and community partnerships to ensure delivery of internal goals and metrics.
- Serve as subject-matter-experts in partnership with activities in environmental social governance (ESG) and Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) initiatives.
- Effectively manage and track corporate social responsibility programs budget.
- Assist with the development and promotion of internal and external communications about the company’s community investments and employee engagement efforts, including acting as company spokesperson when appropriate.
- Work closely with CSR director and AVP to identify and assess vendor relationships for enterprise-wide CSR applications.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferably in the area of corporate social responsibility, public relations, marketing or a related discipline or equivalent relevant business experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in employee-giving and employee-engagement programs.
- 8+ years of grant making, fund development, project management and community relations experience in a corporate or non-profit setting.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including social media.
- Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization and in the community.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and ability to manage multiple priorities in a flexible work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and drive results.
- Highly professional demeanor with strong diplomacy skills.
- Solid project management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in setting own direction.
- May be required to support corporate social responsibility initiatives in the evenings and on weekends.
*Position level is open based on experience
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.
Job posted: 2023-05-08