Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Corporate Social Responsibility (Social Purpose) Manager
Job Title: Corporate Social Responsibility (Social Purpose) Manager
Job Summary: The Corporate Social Responsibility (Social Purpose) Manager will be responsible for overseeing the creation, implementation and monitoring of the Company’s cohesive Social Purpose strategies and objectives through collaboration with internal and external partners. At Wawa, Social Purpose is Wawa’s term for what may be referred to as corporate social responsibility or ESG strategies at other companies.
- Gain alignment from senior management of the Company and oversee the development, management and implementation of cross-functional Social Purpose strategies and signature initiatives.
- Oversee the development of materiality assessments to ensure Social Purpose strategies are aligned to the Company’s business strategies, objectives and priorities.
- Lead the integration of Social Purpose into the Company’s strategic decision-making process and long-term planning through participation in the Company’s strategic planning process.
- Lead the efforts to develop a Social Purpose data governance framework for the Company, so that actionable data and metrics applicable to all four Social Purpose pillars can be readily accessed and shared.
- Lead the efforts to develop goals and metrics for defining program success utilizing the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board metrics.
- Develop strategic relationships with outside subject matter experts in order to advise senior management of the Company on Social Purpose imperatives, with a particular emphasis on climate change and carbon emissions.
- Lead the efforts to educate Wawa’s Management Committee and Social Purpose and Culture Board Committee on current and future Social Purpose insights regarding industry standards, best practices, regulatory trends and emerging issues that impact the Company’s business.
- Lead the cross-functional efforts to synthesize Social Purpose data into a succinct, concise risk register for quarterly distribution to the Board of Directors Social Purpose and Culture Committee and the Company’s Management Committee members.
- Lead all efforts to communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders regarding Social Purpose strategy and initiatives, including, but not limited to, Marketing, Sustainability, Public Relations, Supply Chain and Facilities departments, as well as the Wawa Foundation.
- Lead the varied efforts to promote a culture of Social Purpose through development and presentation of education programs, training, and engagement programs.
- Drive agendas and content for meetings of the Company’s cross-functional Social Purpose Strategy Committee comprised of members of senior management.
- Drive agendas and Social Purpose content for the Social Purpose and Culture Board Committee meetings.
- Oversee the development of the Company’s Social Purpose website and annual Social Purpose report.
- Represent the Company on Social Purpose committees and boards, including, without limitation the Retail Industry Leaders Association ESG Executive Committee.
- Provide leadership and guidance including coaching, mentoring and evaluation with the end goal being optimum performance levels. Onboard, coach and develop the team, creating a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continual improvement. Complete performance appraisals, take corrective action when appropriate, and participate in hiring decisions.
- Advanced project management skills with experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects; hands-on implementation experience required
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Lead and facilitate stakeholder engagement
- Strong consultative, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex and varied information to all levels of the organization including the Board of Directors, Management Committee and Senior Leadership
- Highly collaborative spirit as well as strong team and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with all levels of the Company
- Passionate about Social Purpose with an understanding of its impact on the Company’s brand and business
- Analyze information and effectively propose solutions.
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Social Purpose, Corporate Social Responsibility, or ESG programs
- Demonstrated Social Purpose commitment (through professional or volunteer activities) in the non-profit sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Wawa will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Associate Service Center at email@example.com or 1-800-444-9292.
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-08