Counsel, Regulatory Compliance
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Do you want to shape the future of transportation? Are you looking for a culture that supports your personal development? Are you looking to have fun while you hustle? Then come be Regulatory Compliance Counsel at Lyft!
We’re looking for an attorney to join our Regulatory Compliance team, which is responsible for negotiating, communicating, and ultimately fulfilling Lyft’s regulatory requirements. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to advise on and implement our compliance objectives. We are seeking a lawyer with experience working at or with the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission and other City agencies. This role will be seated in our New York office and will report to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rulemaking process directly with regulators to advocate for appropriate regulations as to Lyft’s ridesharing and bike & scooter businesses
- Track and document Lyft’s regulatory compliance obligations in highly regulated, complex markets — with a particular focus on New York City
- Research and advise on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyft’s Operations, Marketing, Finance and Product teams
- Communicate regulatory compliance requirements and offer guidance to other teams including Communications, Product, Government Relations, Customer Support, and Legal
- Work collaboratively with regulators to determine relevant requirements, negotiate and advocate for favorable interpretations and adoption of administrative rules that benefit drivers
- Gather and synthesize data relating to our compliance requirements.
- JD Degree from a top school
- Admitted to the New York Bar and in good standing or eligible to register as In-House Counsel
- 5+ years of experience working as an attorney for or with the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission
- Experience with city or government conflicts of interest boards or committees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience making presentations before public agencies
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Passion for Lyft and the ride-sharing community
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-05