Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Country Director (SME)
Ready to take ACTION in your career? ACT1 is seeking a Country Director SME in Arlington, VA (Pentagon)! #Hiring
ACT1 is all about taking bold, innovative actions to deliver for our customers and our workforce. Every day, members of the ACT1 team drive creative solutions on the most challenging problems facing customers across the Aviation, Space / Intelligence, International Cooperation portfolios
**POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD**
At ACT1, our people make the difference. As a Country Director SME, supporting SAF/IA, you will be trusted to assist in preparing meetings and escorting high-level USG and international personnel during international engagements by developing and implementing USAF foreign liaison program for 170+ senior military diplomats from over 100 nations. Plan and execute Secretary of the Air Force and Chief of the Air Force counterpart visits and air chief symposia. Ensure international protocols are observed at all events.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Develop business case for use of Official Representational Funds (ORF) IAW governing regulations.
- Prepare and edit correspondence with policy recommendations.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned office calls and receptions for international partners.
- Arrange for accreditation for foreign attaches and performs recurring administrative updates.
- Develop key essential duties guide for the program which includes a personnel contact list with names and contact information for US inter agency and partner nations.
- Reviewing, validating, and editing correspondence.
- Preparation for briefings, presentations, and discussion material.
- Support with international and industry specific presentation development, meeting and engagement scheduling, and organizational wide data requests to provide sound advice, professional consultation, and assistance to program directors/functional managers.
- Provide records management, correspondence preparation, and management.
- Assist with travel arrangements including DTS authorizations and vouchers.
- Assist in tracking and managing the GTC program.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A bachelor’s degree with a desired emphasis in an International Affairs curriculum.
- Active Secret Clearance
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with demonstrated effectiveness and success as a HAF staff action officer in either a military, civilian or contractor role.
- Knowledge and general understanding of USAF roles and missions.
- Experience implementing security cooperation, international affairs, security assistance, foreign military sales (FMS) to include policies, processes, and legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAF/IA’s role in USG and international security cooperation community, and the organizations with which SAF/IA works.
- Hybrid work schedule possible. Candidate must be located within the NCR.
- Thorough understanding of:
- DoDI 1315.20, Military Department Foreign Area Officer Program
- CJCSI 3126.01, Language and Regional Expertise Planning
- AFPD 16-1, International Affairs
- AFI 16-109, International Affairs Specialist Program
- USAF Global Partnership Strategy
- Staff experience working in SAF/IA.
- S. Export Control laws, regulations, and procedures.
- FMS Case programming.
- Security Cooperation programs.
- Building Partner Capacity (BPC) programs.
WHAT ACT1 CAN OFFER YOU:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability
- Health care flexible spending accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Job posted: 2023-09-12