Creator Public Policy Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working on technology and media related policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience managing policy campaigns or organizing outreach with stakeholders.
- Experience advising and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to design and deliver exceptional work, ideally in a campaign or field organizing environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging public policy trends relating to online creators including copyright, intermediary liability, monetization, transparency, and content moderation.
- Ability to operate proactively in a fast-paced environment and a track record of executing cross-functional projects.
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As Creator Public Policy Manager for the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team, you will be an expert in the policy environment affecting YouTube’s creator ecosystem. You will coordinate with the global GAPP team to develop strategies to communicate online creators’ issues and interests to policymakers and key opinion formers. You will serve as a lead YouTube public policy ambassador to the YouTube creator community and help ensure creator perspectives and voices are heard in the policy process. You will need excellent analytical, interpersonal, campaign, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing, an aptitude for learning, and the discipline to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Google Client Services, an entity within the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team, manages the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy in the United States. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspectives with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the Internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Work with YouTube Product leadership, Legal, Marketing, Trust & Safety, and PR to develop and launch collaborative campaigns and strategies.
- Be a primary point of contact for the Government Affairs and Public Policy team with YouTube’s Business leadership team.
- Explain technical details to a public policy audience and public policy developments to a non-technical audience.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-27