Crisis Communications Manager
The Crisis Communications manager leads the execution for all customer communications related to crisis events, and supports the Head of Franchise Communications Strategy in developing the crisis communications strategy, understanding customer needs and aligning with the organization on how to best respond to each crisis scenario. The Crisis Communications manager leads the development and maintenance of a playbook that details each customer treatment that Citi will provide as well as every step that should be taken by the organization in the event of a crisis (natural disasters, cyber-attack, pandemic, govt. shutdown, etc.). This individual will also quarterback the execution of all communications via email, Citi Online, mobile app, social media and statements.
This is a role with outstanding exposure that requires frequent interaction with a wide variety of functions across the business including Public Affairs, C-BORC, Collections, Fraud, IT, COB, Legal, Compliance as well as the chiefs of staff for the CEOs of each business line in the North America Consumer Bank in order to predetermine appropriate customer treatments and communications before a crisis occurs to ensure seamless execution in the heat of the moment. These treatments and protocols require constant refinement and maintenance as we learn more from each event and circumstances change across the business, our economy, society, etc.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of all the business functions and customer experiences that can impact our customers during a crisis event, such as customer service, collections and fraud. Also requires knowledge of how to execute communications with the GCB organization across all business lines, as you would need to lead a cross-functional teams in order to determine how to solve for execution challenges when creating a communication that best fulfills on the customer experience
Diplomacy skills are critical as the person in this role needs to strongly influence internal partners while maintaining a positive relationship
- Create and maintain playbooks detailing each customer treatment by incident severity level, as well as runbooks detailing execution steps needed to deploy communications
- Govern the creation of off-the-shelf communications including engagement of internal SMEs to ensure accuracy of communication content as well as gaining approval from internal partners across product teams, legal and compliance
- Work with internal and external fulfillment teams (such as IT, customer service and The Red Cross) to set up the appropriate back end procedures
- Execute communications as various events unfold
- Your strong organizational and planning skills will come into play by building and managing projects through multiple partners
- Set up and perform control activities to ensure quality and regulatory compliance
- Work with internal execution teams to pre-stage communications in our production environment
Job Profile Summary:
The Program Management Ld Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure marketing campaigns are designed and executed flawlessly to meet business goals. Engaged in implementing test strategies, developing campaign schedules, business as usual (BAU) auditing, and applying critical thinking to identify and mitigate potential issues. Assesses for impacts and potential need for additional testing to ensure overall channel integrity.
- Collaborate with business partners to execute campaigns/initiatives that drive acquisitions growth and greater customer engagement.
- Make decisions and recommendations based on analytics.
- Identify and manage issues to resolution.
- Assist with monthly budget reconciliation and marketing invoice processing to ensure proper vendor execution.
- Manage internal legal and creative reviews and approvals for marketing campaigns.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience in Marketing and retail bank/financial services industry experience.
- Requires attention to detail, advanced project management skills, good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at once.
- Creative problem solving and sense of ownership.
- Solid communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-24