Crisis and Issues Communications Manager
San Jose, CA, US
Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 231063
The Crisis and Issues Communications Manager will be responsible for managing communication around a range of corporate and crisis situations, including issues preparedness and planning activities, partnering with the business continuity and crisis management team on running crisis simulations, and handling live crisis response for both internal and external audiences. The ideal candidate is someone with extensive corporate communications and issues management experience who pays meticulous attention to detail and has strong time management skills and the ability to understand and distill complex subject matter quickly.
Reporting to the Director of Global Corporate Communications, the Issues Management Corporate Communications Manager role will collaborate with a varied set of subject matter experts and stakeholders to effectively address crisis as they arise, as well as define a proactive issues management approach. He/she should have strong writing skills and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. The nature of the work also requires an ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities, inside and outside traditional work hours. Candidates with an agency background, expertise in digital/social media and demonstrated experience supporting high-stakes crisis communications projects are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage development of crisis response strategies, reactive statements, FAQs and other deliverables as needed.
- Provide counsel on strategy, collaborating with business partners in legal, government affairs, investor relations, technology and product, and other internal teams as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with team members, sharing deadlines and identifying roadblocks that impact execution.
- Develop and implement response communications processes and procedures.
- Execute proactive and reactive media relations strategies as needed.
- Provide reports and analysis on key issues.
- Respond to intermittent and unexpected issues that may occur and result in work activity occurring outside the hours of standard working hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in journalism, public relations, communication or marketing.
- 10+ years of experience in global corporate communications.; preferably in technology and in another Fortune 500 firm.
- Previous experience managing issues or crisis.
- Background in policy and exposure to global markets a plus.
- Technology acumen and background in the IT industry.
- Strong understanding of geopolitical issues and business media.
- Natural ability to partner with multiple functions and senior stakeholders with confidence.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal business communication skills. Pays close attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Ability to operate with grace and effectiveness under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound problem identification, judgement, resolution and decision-making skills.
- High-level of integrity and discretion when presented with sensitive or confidential issues.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-02