Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs PM
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle’s Infrastructure and Environment (I&E) Business Unit is currently seeking candidates for a full time, permanent position as a Project/Program Manager – Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs. This position is located in Washington, DC area.
Manages complex projects in a matrix organization which may require coordination of geographically dispersed project teams, multiple product lines, and/or subcontractors. This includes project plan development and implementation, management of project cost, schedule and performance, and managing client expectations and leveraging existing client relationships to develop additional business opportunities for Battelle.
- Provide high level regulatory advice and lobbying services to Battelle’s Crop Protection Services clients in North America.
- Attract and retain new clients through the provision of a highly professional and timely regulatory affairs service.
- Develop new regulatory projects with a wide variety of clients (principally) in the agrochemical industry sector in North America, using both in-house and external resources.
- Act as the Coordinator for clients on their regulatory projects liaising as necessary with colleagues in Battelle and with regulatory professionals in client organizations.
- Advise clients on regulatory requirements in the North American market and propose regulatory solutions to achieve product registrations.
- Clearly define budgets and timelines for client regulatory projects and ensure these are adhered to as each regulatory project progresses.
- Recommend and assess strategies for overcoming product regulatory concerns (e.g. additional studies, modelling etc.).
- Assist clients in determining their product regulatory strategies in North America, in particular the present and future political hurdles that have to be overcome.
- Assist clients in lobbying the relevant regulatory and industry bodies (EPA, USDA, FDA, etc.) to position their business and products to achieve future regulatory successes. This may involve engaging the scientific and regulatory communities, non-governmental organizations, media and the public, using methods such as common research projects, attending meetings/scientific symposia, presentations etc.
- Assist in maintaining a relevant product regulatory database.
- Develop and successfully utilize an excellent professional network both internally in Battelle and with relevant external bodies (regulatory, scientific etc.).
- Minimum BS/BA degree in the agricultural, biological, physical or chemical sciences, or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in agrochemical regulatory affairs and a good knowledge of the relevant US legislation governing the registration of crop protection products. This may have been gained in either an agro-industry company or a CRO.
- Experience in a marketing or business development function involving the promotion of regulatory consultancy services.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Excellent spoken and written English
- Available to travel as required, mostly within the U.S.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Used to working as part of a team and on own initiative, as required.
- U.S. citizenship.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in in the agricultural, biological, physical or chemical sciences, or related field.
- Fluency in other languages (e.g. Spanish) is advantageous.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-28