Cross Corporate Lobbyist
Cross Corporate Government Relations
Raytheon Technologies Global Government Relations is seeking to add a professional to its cross-corporate lobbying team in Washington, DC, in order to advance company goals with respect to federal legislative and other policy issues. Cross-corporate issues include energy and climate, economic policy, trade, tax, labor and workforce, supply chain, corporate governance, foreign relations and/or financial services policy.
This role is designed to:
- Position RTX and government affairs organization as a transparent, responsive leader before Members of Congress and their staffs on Capitol Hill and in their home states and districts.
- Engage with RTX corporate departments to determine where Congressional decisions impact their objectives, and help prioritize those objectives.
- Advance prioritized objectives, collaborate on strategies and tactics, and drive consistent progress with high standards of ethics and professionalism. Support teammates and facilitate their success in similar endeavors.
- Communicate effectively and continually with business leadership regarding ongoing efforts, upcoming events, priorities and opportunities for influence.
- Construct arguments that are effective, clear and empathetic to the audience. Prepare effective visual materials. Embrace social media advocacy and creative strategies for messaging.
- Maximize the use and effectiveness of RTX suppliers, nonprofits, industry groups, think tanks, and trade associations, as well as outside consultants, advisers, and experts, to advance RTX goals, priorities, and strategies.
- Analyze legislative initiatives and policy proposals, as well as executive branch policies, initiatives and procedures, and flag issues of significance.
- Attend congressional hearings, conferences, meetings, and special events as necessary to advance RTX goals and provide valued service to customers.
- Monitor congressional activities in subject matter areas of responsibility and take action to ensure company interests are protected.
- Plan and support visits by company leaders to Capitol Hill and by Members/staff to RTX facilities for educational and/or constituent support purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-10 years professional experience
- Experience and expertise with issues related to one or more of the following subject areas: energy and climate, economic policy, trade, labor and workforce, supply chain, corporate governance, and/or financial services policies in the U.S. Congress and/or relevant agencies.
- Working knowledge of legislative and executive branch processes, committees, and the cultures and key players in each institution.
- Action-oriented professional who is able to manage time and multi-task effectively in a pro-active, friendly and innovative way.
- Ability to obtain Secret-level security clearance
- Recent employment on Capitol Hill in a personal office, leadership office or relevant committee staff.
- Experience working on a political campaign.
- Proficiency in multiple policy areas impacting corporations, the business environment and multinational enterprises due to previous leadership, management, nonprofit and/or business development role(s).
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, research, communications and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diverse ideas, inclusive processes and team successes.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Learn more here
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-08-31