Cyber Communications Specialist/ Policy Analyst
Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you looking for an enriching experience to build your career and brand? If you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients instead of a “back office programmer” position then Deloitte’s Federal Cyber Risk team could be the place for you! Join our team of Cyber Risk professionals who collaborate with government agencies, IT professionals, and clients to support cyber security and risk consulting engagements.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant within our Cyber Risk team, you will:
• Work with Federal clients to mitigate cyber risk and threats
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
• Develop, review, and/or update of Cyber security business writings such as policies, standards and process documents
• Develop and coordinate communication plans for new publications, reviews, and updates
• Support the Cybersecurity team in aligning and maintaining consistency of information security requirements defined in or derived from program policies and other business writings
• Recommend and implement document management processes for storing, tracking, and managing the flow of electronic files (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, PDF, electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner, SharePoint, Box, etc.) through their lifecycles
• Provide technical writing and editing support to ensure all Program-level documentation is consistent with CFPB styles, professional, and clear to all intended users.
• Ensure all work products produced by the Office of Cybersecurity are accurate, complete, concise, and professionally presented
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal Cyber Risk team is client focused and mission driven. Our team works across industries and sectors to respond more rapidly and effectively, providing recommendations to improve cyber threat detection.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or related field
• 2+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
•Demonstrated experience developing and updating cybersecurity policies and procedures
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience with security control implementation and Plans Of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
• Demonstrated experience with cybersecurity risk
• Previous Federal Consulting experience
• Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
• Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government
• Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-11