Cyber Policy Analyst, Senior
Cyber Policy Analyst, Senior
When our country’s cybersecurity is on the line, simply reacting is not enough – we need a plan. And when that plan needs to protect defense weapon systems and critical infrastructure, we need strategic policy development. That’s why we need you, a cyber policy specialist with the expertise required to analyze the policies that determine our cyber resilience.
As a cyber strategic planning and policy development consultant on our team, you’ll serve as a liaison to a major OSD staff component to support development of current cyber policies, the coverage of those policies, and areas of risks. You’ll evaluate how policies stack up to regulations, best practices, and industry standards. As you guide your client through understanding acceptable risk and availability, you’ll advance the development of a strategic cyber roadmap. You’ll work in a consultative role to ensure the client operates securely as they navigate an evolving IT environment. Join us as we protect defense critical missions through strategic cyber policy development.
Empower change with us.
- 4+ years of experience supporting policy development, legislative affairs, or strategic communications for an OSD, JS or Service HQ staff office
- Experience with existing DoD/interagency cyber policies, strategies, and cybersecurity trends/key issues, including offensive/defensive operations, Zero Trust, defense industrial base, weapons systems cybersecurity, or critical infrastructure
- Experience with managing complex tasks and working across functional communities
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with supporting and providing briefings to senior staff leaders
- Experience with Defense Acquisition, such as JCIDS, PPBE, or Defense Acquisition System and the Acquisition Life cycle
- MA or MS degree in Cybersecurity, International Relations, Public Policy, Engineering, or other relevant field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-19