Dairy + Ag Governance Manager
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Dairy + Ag Governance Manager
This position requires skills to build and maintain intimate relationships with regional council members to assist them in developing their competencies to fulfill their roles in Land O’Lakes corporate governance; actively coach and teach elected leaders to recruit potential future leaders representing diversity of thought, generation, gender, race, etc., and master interview skills to critically review BOD applicants. Design and teach curriculum to improve the competency of elected leaders; develop partnerships internally (Member Relations, Purina, Winfield United and Government Relations) to assist in recruitment of potential elected leaders and externally with university faculty, cooperative centers, trade associations to identify learning modules and presenters to teach competencies.
-Ensure Integrity of EL and BOD Nomination Processes and Member Voting
-Ensure transparency, accuracy and integrity of elected leader and BOD applicant recruitment, elected leader and BOD applicant vetting process and BOD applicant interview process with regional councils;
-Ensure credentials verified, ballots prepared, quorum present and reported for in-person voting at Land O’Lakes business meetings
-Ensure accuracy of member eligibility to serve as an elected leader with Land O’Lakes governance
-Oversee negotiation and administration of 3rd party contractor to execute annual election process
-Design and execute strategic governance plan and budget for governance activities
-Lead Continuous Improvement of Elected Leader Competency Training
-Design and deliver learning modules that build critical competencies of elected leaders; actively coach elected leaders to recruit applicants representing diversity of thought, generation, gender, race, etc.
-Establish benchmarks for improving elected leader competencies and ways to measure achievement of governance goals
-Foster Internal and External Relationships
-Deepen relationships with ag cooperative members, dairy members and direct ag members to help identify potential future EL’s and BOD’s.
-Partner with government relations to identify opportunities for elected leaders to develop advocacy and communication skills
-Partner with Leader Development
-Collaborate with leader development manager to develop learning modules to enhance members’ skills to grow pool of future elected leaders for Land O’Lakes and other agricultural organizations
-Assist in identifying members to engage in development opportunities sponsored by Land O’Lakes or other trade associations, universities, businesses, etc.
-Coordinate formal recognition of elected leader service to Land O’Lakes
-Broaden Engagement of Elected Leaders and Members
-Lead efforts to grow member engagement in governance including contested elections and member participation in annual elections.
-Develop strategy to retain engagement of former elected leaders
-Primary staff lead to twelve regional councils, 150 elected leaders and regional council nomination committees. Oversees the annual elections and secures the contractor to conduct the elected leader and board of director elections
Required experience and education:
- 4-year degree or higher in Business, applied economics, public affairs, political science and/or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in corporate governance, cooperative governance or member or customer relations
- Experience recruiting and teaching and training adult volunteers
- Experience evaluating pros and cons of complex, far reaching decision
- Experience acting strategically in establishing program goals, benchmarks and evaluation of programs
- Experience interacting influencing at a Sr. level
- Project management skills–ability to develop new systems or processes to ensure integrity and efficiency in administration of governance program
- Awareness of benefits of recruiting members and common obstacles of recruiting members representing diversity of thought, gender, generation, race, etc. to apply to serve as an elected leader or Land O’Lakes board member
- Ability to accomplish results by collaborating with internal and external peers
- Initiates and leads change within governance to ensure continuous improvement–looks for new ways to get things done more efficiently
- Proactively establishes broad network of contacts both internally and externally
Preferred experience and education:
- Advanced degree in applied economics, public affairs, political science, business or equivalent
- Experience with corporate structure of agribusinesses across the food supply chain
- Experience reporting to corporate senior management
- Familiarity with use of CRM’s to record interaction with customers or cooperative members
- Knowledge of cooperative or agricultural trade associations and university faculty specializing in cooperatives, agribusiness or supply chain managemen
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
We are a fast-growing, farmer-owned agriculture and food cooperative working to overcome the world’s greatest food challenges. Our unique farm-to-fork business model works across crop inputs and insights, animal nutrition, dairy foods and sustainability to get high quality food to those who need it. Land O’Lakes provides opportunities to build a career in a vibrant industry that allows you to play a critical role in delivering on this, and by working together to advance humanity and to help communities around the world.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/y6jwyqvn2jt8sj66
Job posted: 2019-10-10