Data and Policy Analysts
The Gender Equity Policy Institute has immediate openings for Data and Policy Analysts. Full- time, part-time, and project-based consulting positions are currently open. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Data and Policy Analysts will analyze data and evaluate policy proposals across a number of issue areas in support of the Institute’s research on the gender impact of federal, state, and local government policies. They will have primary responsibility for identifying, assessing, and analyzing data sources and performing statistical analysis. Experience with data analysis at the national, state, and other levels is desirable, but not required. Data and Policy Analysts will assist with preparation of tables, graphs, and data visualization for reports and presentations.
The Gender Equity Policy Institute is a new nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing opportunity, fairness, and equity for all people through research and education exposing the gender impacts of the policies, processes, and practices of government and business. We conduct and publish research on the best practices for advancing gender equity. We analyze and score public policies and business practices to identify the effects on people of all genders, with particular attention to the impacts on groups, such as women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people, who have been historically disadvantaged by discrimination, systemic bias, and structural inequality.
Gender Equity Policy Institute staff are currently working remotely across the United States due to the coronavirus pandemic. We will continue, post-pandemic, to support flexible and remote work, and will not require staff to relocate.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research and analysis in support of the Institute’s mission
- Collect and analyze data to assess the impact of public policies on gender equity
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Institute’s data infrastructure
- Support the Institute’s research team through technical assistance, particularly on data-related matters
- Produce custom statistics and data sets
- Contribute to reports and publications
- Other data and research duties as assigned
- Strong quantitative skills, including an ability to use statistical programs to organize and analyze large amounts of data
- Experience working with STATA, SPSS, SAS, R, or other programming languages
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Facility with MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent work experience, or advanced coursework in data science or statistics
- Prior work experience is not necessary
- Commitment to Gender Equity Policy Institute’s mission
The following qualities and experience are highly desirable, though not required:
- A strong statistics competency
- Experience using State and federal data sources (e.g., Census, IPUMS, BLS)
- Training in and experience with analysis of microdata
- Proficiency in R
- Experience with data visualization tools and/or GIS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The Gender Equity Policy Institute is an equal opportunity, fair chance, affirmative action employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, prior history of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.
To Apply: Candidates should send a resume or CV with a cover letter. The cover letter should highlight your relevant skills, explain your interest in working at the Institute, and indicate whether you are interested in full-time, part-time, or project-based work. Send your materials to Nancy L. Cohen at: email@example.com with “Data and Policy Analyst” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Job posted: 2021-02-24