Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Defense Congressional Analyst, Mid
Apply expertise as the speechwriter to research, write, and edit a variety of materials, including speeches, presentations, briefs, reports, editorials, congressional testimony, blog posts, and other products as required to promote and explain a client’s key responsibilities. Prepare assignments based on input from subject matter experts, often culling information from several sources. Perform additional extensive research and rewrite submissions to organize, balance, and apply a consistent sense of style, grammar, and flow to the finished product. Provide clients with legislative and congressional support throughout the annual Defense Authorization and Appropriations process. Leverage existing Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) systems and databases to coordinate, track, report, and make appropriate analyses and recommendations to support government decisions on requirements, milestones, and progress. Provide analysis to support the implementation of client strategy and policy. Analyze risk-based strategies for legislative processes and planning. Analyze and track metrics for strategy implementation. Provide analysis to identify, define, and close requirements using the legislative process.
- 3+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with Congressional or legislative affairs, the Congressional Authorization and Appropriations process, and the DoD legislative process, including program objective memorandum (POM) preparation and working around senior Congressional staff and officials
- Experience with Navy staff or Defense, Joint Staff, or Combatant Command staff
- Experience with requirements analysis and identification in Navy and Marine Corps programs
- Experience with regular direct client interactions, including supporting project delivery, delivering presentations, leading client meetings, and working independently, creatively, and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools
- Ability to track and comprehend acquisition and procurement goals as they move through the legislative cycle and plan, organize, and execute tasks with minimal direction
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with the Program Budget Information System
- Experience with Navy ERP
- Experience with reviewing and drafting reclamas to the Congressional Defense Committee as part of the annual Authorization and Appropriations process
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,300.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-15