Deputy Director, Advocacy Relations
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director, Advocacy Relations, are to:
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with external patient advocates, professional organizations and other stakeholders to support Bayer’s therapeutic area objectives;
- Convey a clear understanding of trends in women’s healthcare amongst key patient and professional organizations; identify and create opportunities for Bayer to align, including increasing patient awareness and education, enabling earlier diagnosis, and supporting access to therapies;
- Build cross-functional collaborations with internal partners to develop and execute stakeholder engagement plans to ensure alignment and effective execution of a patient advocacy strategy;
- Assess landscape and competencies of patient advocates and professional societies, and adjust activities accordingly based upon capabilities and alignment;
- Communicate insights learned from the patient community and serve as internal consultant to champion and incorporate patient perspectives into all appropriate initiatives, including patient education programs, clinical trial design, research collaborations, ongoing programming, etc;
- Actively participate in cross-functional business meetings, effectively representing Advocacy Relations and Corporate Affairs as a value-add service to colleagues;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and resource allocations, and develop/share recommendations with business and Corporate Affairs leadership;
- Ensure all activities are compliant and in accord with Bayer’s policies.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BA, BS or equivalent four-year degree;
- 12 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, with at least 7 years in women’s health (equivalent combination of professional education and years of experience can supersede this requirement);
- Ability to lead and accomplish business objectives in a matrixed Organization;
- Significant experience in outreach and patient advocacy, and knowledge of public policy, government affairs, and local regulations affecting Bayer’s businesses;
- Understanding of key trends affecting patient engagement and current forms of patient interactions (e.g. social media and online communities);
- Ability to execute and deliver quality programs within timelines;
- Proven planning and organizational skills with experience managing multiple priorities; ability to prioritize in a shifting environment with a sense of urgency;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with commercial operations functions and processes in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Must possess existing relationships and experience with advocacy and professional organizations focused in women’s health.
- Master degree in Public Health, Public Policy, other health-related field or equivalent graduate degree desired;
- High degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality;
- Ability to productively interact with senior executives and serve as a company ambassador with external stakeholders;
- Cultural sensitivity and maturity to interact with people of diverse Backgrounds;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
Domestic Relocation Available
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-19