Deputy Director, Federal Affairs
This individual will play a crucial role in NCQA’s work to position the organization as a leader in health policy including but not limited to health equity, digital health, and population health. The position will coordinate various activities across NCQA departments to increase use of our products and services at the federal level. The individual will serve as a public face of NCQA, working with contacts at HHS, CMS, Congress, trade associations, health plans, consumer groups and many other health care stakeholders. They will be expected to develop strong relationships and innovative proposals for advancing NCQA’s profile and ties to these audiences. They will also assist in developing public comment responses to federal rulemaking proposals.
- Support NCQA Leadership and Director for Federal Affairs in driving a forward-leaning federal agenda focused on results, including adoption of NCQA products and services and contracts with federal entities.
- Grow relationships with federal government agencies, policymakers, staff and other health care entities.
- Track, analyze and lead response to federal legislative developments and policy proposals and other health care initiatives.
- Lead the writing of regulatory comment letters.
- Prepare materials describing NCQA products for a policy audience as well as white papers that position NCQA as a thought leader.
- Work with other interest groups (patient advocates, consumers, health plans, etc) to understand common issues and build coalitions that advance shared goals.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years of experience doing legislative or public policy work or government affairs for organizations in health care space.
- Excellent writing and speaking experience, work in coalitions, existing contacts throughout federal government, knowledge of health care policy issues, including health equity.
NCQA is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
NCQA is a drug free workplace. NCQA recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals, and administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected statuses under applicable state and federal laws.
NCQA will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-13