Deputy Director of Grassroots Advocacy
The National Association of Community Health Centers – a mid-sized, non-profit committed to providing high-quality and patient-directed health care to underserved communities is seeking a full time Deputy Director of Grassroots Advocacy in our Public Policy and Research division. Located in DC and VA.
The Deputy Director of National Grassroots Advocacy is a member of NACHC’s National Grassroots Advocacy team. The Deputy Director is responsible for planning, implementation and coordination of trainings and communications tools to expand NACHC’s Grassroots Advocacy Network and increase the impact of health center advocacy. The successful candidate will design and implement non-partisan grassroots initiatives to ensure access to affordable, quality and equitable health care.
What You Will Do:
- Under the leadership of the Director of National Grassroots Advocacy, collaborate with NACHC’s public policy and research teams to educate health centers about policy issues related to NACHC’s advocacy issues campaigns, and provide timely updates as they occur.
- Provide training and other support to state and regional Primary Care Associations (PCAs) to develop internal advocacy capacity and effectiveness and to ensure the state and local efforts are coordinated with NACHC’s advocacy program.
- Assist State Legislative Coordinators in identifying, training, and supporting Health Center Advocacy Coordinators and other key contacts.
- Assist Director to sharpen advocacy messages and implement the strategy for executing them.
- Increase the number of advocates and improve their participation.
- Evaluate the effective of NACHC’s advocacy program and provide solutions to areas that require improvement.
- Assist with the development of online advocacy content and communications strategy.
- Oversee the management of the Advocacy Center of Excellence (ACE) program.
- Jointly manage all National Health Center Week (NHCW) responsibilities, including administration of picture and video contests and serve as point of contact for congressional outreach.
- Execute NHCW deliverables, including coordination of local event support.
- Recruit and train PCAs and health centers as NACHC affiliates on the SparkInfluence grassroots advocacy platform.
- Staff monthly PCA Policy and Leadership Committee calls.
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; and minimum five years related work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook); familiarity with online advocacy tools a plus.
- Five to seven years of grassroots advocacy and/or training experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to engage at a high level with issues of racial equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to NACHC’s mission and goals.
- Recognition of importance of interdepartmental coordination and communication, and of the need to keep leadership informed of problems and issues.
Job posted: 2019-04-06