Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Deputy Director, Program Management and Policy
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in a high-growth company? Are you passionate about science, science policy, public health and healthcare?
Ripple Effect is looking for an experienced Deputy Director to support our scientific, science policy, and healthcare programs for our clients at NIH, CMS and non-profit organizations. This role will work closely with our Director of Program Management and Policy to provide divisional leadership and management to execute science, health, and healthcare programs & projects successfully and meet expectations of stakeholders, as well as helping ensure divisional annual goals and objectives are accomplished.
If this position sounds of interest, there’s a place for you here at Ripple Effect! We are a diverse, progressive, and engaging work environment. We offer a multitude of incentives and flexible work options that work for you and your lifestyle.
- Job Code: SHR-AM-05M
- Location: Ripple Effect Headquarters – Rockville, MD
- Employee Type: Exempt, Full-Time Regular
(Ask our recruiters about flexible work arrangements)
- Telework: Partial
- Clearance: Public Trust
- Manager: Yes
- Number of Openings: 1
- Salary Range: 97,500.00-121,800.00 (how we pay and promote)
- Leads the design and implementation of programs and initiatives including developing objectives, drafting strategic & implementation plans and developing new workflows.
- Leads the development of processes and procedures that enhance effectiveness and efficiency of team’s operations.
- Identifies and locates resources through hiring, recruiting, consultants and internal resources to execute programs and projects.
- Supervises staff and provides leadership, coaching, and mentorship for team members
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget and are technically sound and accurate, and meet stakeholder expectations.
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- May manage larger projects and teams, multiple concurrent projects or interdisciplinary projects spanning multiple business units.
- Manages relationships with clients and all stakeholders.
- Provides advice on technical approaches to accomplish project objectives for complex or large programs including meeting cadence, research approaches, resource needs, communication strategies, and data management.
- Monitors industry trends to inform approaches.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external consultants, vendors and partners and identifies new partnerships when appropriate
- Contributes to developing a pipeline of proposal opportunities for the division by developing relationships, vetting opportunities, leading proposals and overseeing the pricing and technical solutioning for proposals.
- Contributes to major portions of technical volumes for relevant projects and may contribute budgeting and pricing.
- Actively promotes the company and the division by contributing to recruiting, participating in networking events, presenting at professional meetings and actively developing networks.
- Contributes to divisional leadership by contributing to division priorities and goal setting.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, science policy, health, healthcare or related area, Master’s degree preferred
- 12 years experience
- 4 years project management experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of business development or proposal writing experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project and people management skills in budgeting, resourcing, planning, tasking and risk management
- Ability to communicate results simply and effectively, with strong writing skills
- Ability to lead and manage proposals.
- May have advanced knowledge in an area of technical expertise
To be successful at Ripple Effect, you must be able to pay attention to details, clearly communicate, work independently, and have an eagerness to learn. Learn more about what it takes to become a Rippler here.
Skills That Set You Apart
- Expertise in working with government or nonprofit clients in scientific, health, or healthcare fields
- Exceptional management skills, both for clients and staff
- Experience in strategic planning, science policy, or healthcare regulations
- Experience with government contracting and business development
- Certified project management professional
If you don’t have all of the skills above, don’t be discouraged—no resume paints a complete picture of a person. There’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think, so please apply!
About Ripple Effect
Ripple Effect is an award winning women-owned small business providing provides professional consulting and exceptional talent for federal, private, and non-profit clients. We deliver multi-disciplinary solutions across communications & outreach, research & evaluation, policy & program management, and strategic staffing solutions with a focus on science, research and healthcare domains.
Ripple Effect rewards our employees for their contributions to our mission in many ways, from competitive pay and exceptional benefits to a range of work/life programs based on your employment classification and personalized preferences.
Ripple Effect is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political affiliation, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please let us know by contacting our HR department at HR@rippleeffect.com or your recruiter. Eligibility for employment will be verified using E-verify.
Job posted: 2022-04-28