Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Deputy Legislative Director
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a bipartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public about issues that have significant fiscal policy impact. The Committee is made up of some of the nation’s leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Deputy Legislative Director will help advance the organization’s ongoing legislative efforts in the areas of federal budget, tax, health, Social Security, and economic policy. We are looking for a dynamic team player who has previous Hill experience as well as a strong commitment to advocating for responsible fiscal policies.
- Maintaining working relationships with key Congressional offices
- Tracking relevant legislative developments and Hill activities
- Running hill working groups and policy briefings
- Coordinating with the Policy team to disseminate policy papers, issue briefs, op-eds, background memos, and blog posts to the Hill
- Developing materials for Hill audiences such as one-pagers and talking points
- Developing ways to increase presence on the Hill by seeking out opportunities to offer constructive policy solutions to key fiscal issues
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- At least five years of experience in outreach, advocacy, coalition, legislative or campaign work including three years or more on the Hill
- Good relationships with Congressional leadership and relevant committees
- Knowledge of key economic policy, federal budget, tax, and entitlement issues before Congress
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong writing skills, especially the ability to communicate policy ideas and legislative proposals concisely and effectively to members of Congress and their staff
- A bachelor’s degree
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please write “Deputy Legislative Director” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary package is commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.
Job posted: 2021-12-20