Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Development and Communications Coordinator/Senior Coordinator
Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position Available:
Development and Communications Coordinator/Senior Coordinator
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is a social change organization dedicated to
creating a social, political, and economic environment in which domestic violence no longer exists.
NNEDV advocates for law, policies, and funding to address domestic violence, and provides training,
technical assistance, education, and support to state and territorial domestic violence coalitions, as well
as local domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking programs, transitional housing programs, and
the general public.
NNEDV is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity,
inclusion, and equity and envisions an organization that reflects the rich cultural diversity of the
community. In pursuit of this vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an
organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.
NNEDV seeks a highly organized Development and Communications Coordinator/Senior Coordinator to
work with the Development and Communications team. This position helps to expand NNEDV’s reach
through helping to draft our newsletters, external emails, digital media communications, and other
outreach material and assisting with our website, fundraising material and acknowledgements, and ad
campaigns. Some administrative duties required. The ideal candidate is highly dedicated and
resourceful, can work well independently and collaboratively, and is committed to contributing to
positive social change. This position reports to the Director of Development and Communications. The
position is based in Washington, DC and may involve limited travel.
• Help draft communication materials (including emails, newsletter content, and media releases
• Draft content for NNEDV’s website
• Assist with website maintenance for NNEDV’s teams’ content, in coordinationwith NNEDV’s
off-site IT team and the Development and Communicationsteam
• Monitor social media platforms, including updating internal tracking tools and generating
reports on reachand impact and assisting with content when needed
• Monitor communications and fundraising performance indicators/metrics and prepare
monthly and quarterly reports
• Update and maintain NNEDV’s press lists and media tracking tools
• Create content, track performance, and serve as primary point of contact for NNEDV’s Google
• Help plan and coordinate logistics for fundraising events
• Oversee the gift acknowledgement process, including assisting with drafting and updating
• Help liaise with the Finance team to ensure the creation of monthly fundraising/donor reports
for use by the Development team
• Assist with creation of visual collateral for events, social media, and thewebsite
• Coordinate and print materials for distribution to the public at NNEDV eventsand maintain
internal inventory of these materials
• Coordinate with Policy team on the creation and distribution of action alerts
• Provide copy editing assistance on NNEDV communications, grants, and fundraising material
• Assess inventory of products on NNEDV’s online store and liaise with vendor, if needed
• Support other organization activities and events as needed and other administrative duties as
Coordinator position requires 2 years of relevant work experience
Senior Coordinator position requires 4 years of relevant work experience
A successful candidate will possess:
• Excellent and compelling writing skills, including a strong grasp of English grammar,
punctuation, copy editing, and proofreading skills
• Excellent project organizing skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, manage time, handle version control, evaluate
progress, and adjust activities to complete tasks within established time frames and produce
• Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and
effectively with a team, as part of an organization, and with other organizations and other
professionals; treats all people with dignity anda respectful attitude; accepts, acts upon, and
offers constructive criticism; and approaches situations with a sense of humor
• Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with features of MS Office, particularly Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word
• Experience with WordPress
• Strong advocacy skills and a trauma-informed, survivor-centeredphilosophy
• Demonstrated commitment to the organizational mission, including to anti-violence work, antidomestic violence work, and racial equity, and an ardent respect for domestic violence
• Bilingual skills (reading, writing, and speaking) helpful (Spanish preferred)
• Video editing and other multi-media skills helpful
• Experience with graphic design, such as InDesign and/or Canva
• Experience with Salsa, Quorum, or other CRM software
• Experience running cause-based social media campaigns on Twitter, Instagram, and/or
This is a non-exempt, full-time DC office-based position; candidates will only be considered who will be
in the greater DC metro commuting area. Because of COVID-19 precautions, currently, NNEDV is in a
voluntary work-from-home status; however, the position will ultimately work out of our offices on
Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro.
Please combine the following documents into one PDF: (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) a brief
writing sample. Applicants must also paste the cover letter into the body of the email. Email the
complete application to Lisa Winjum, Director of Development and Communications at
DevJob@NNEDV.org with “Development and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications that do not contain all of the required items may not be considered.
No U.S. mail or faxes please.
Applications received by September 3, 2022 will be given priority; however, the position will remain
open until filled.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Minimum starting salary for the Coordinator is $50,000 adjusted commensurate with
• Minimum starting salary for the Senior Coordinator is $55,000, commensurate with experience.
• NNEDV pays the entire cost for each employee’s Health (HMO plan), Dental, Life, and ShortTerm and Long-Term Disability Insurances.
• NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401k retirement plan (no match required), where
eligible under our plan documents.
• NNEDV provides 19 paid holidays, including the last week of each year, 15 days of accrued
annual leave, and 10 days of accrued sick leave.
• NNEDV also offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. NNEDV encourages applications from all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Job posted: 2022-08-27