Digital Advocacy Marketing Specialist
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
CARE USA is seeking a Digital Advocacy Marketing Specialist to implement digital marketing strategies that support CARE USA’s policy and advocacy efforts to build, engage and mobilize a digital political constituency in the U.S. to advance CARE’s mission. The Specialist will primarily be responsible for the setup and execution of advocacy paid media campaigns to drive new advocate acquisition (lead generation) and high-impact actions. If you’ve worked “in the weeds” of day-to-day Facebook Ads campaign management, this role is for you!
This position will closely integrate with the Policy and Advocacy Team and the matrixed Supporter Engagement team that includes representatives of Marketing, Fundraising, Digital and Advocacy. The Specialist is also responsible for measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital paid advocacy advertisements.
- Coordinate with Digital Fundraising Manager and Managing Director of CARE Action to set goals for the digital advocacy program and implement strategies to support them. Implement and oversee digital marketing campaigns on advertising platforms including Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads to advance CARE’s acquisition and petition goals. Support smaller campaigns to drive engagements around CARE’s tent pole marketing moments. This includes the measurement and reporting on performance of all paid advocacy campaigns and assets. Based on insight, identify trends to optimize spend, performance and new growth.
- Participate in regular digital content and distribution planning meetings to contribute to strategy for advocacy, fundraising, and branding initiatives. Participate in regular meetings with the Policy and Advocacy team to stay abreast on strategic direction and priority legislative initiatives and engagement opportunities. Educate staff and serve as internal expert on digital marketing to raise digital marketing literacy across the organization. Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices and propose areas for growth in digital marketing.
- Provide team support around supporter engagement activities that advance the goals of the department and mission of CARE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience, with a focus on paid media
- 2+ year proven track record of success with hands-on Facebook Ads Manager experience setting up, implementing and managing ad campaigns within budget and to goals
- Experience with audience, budget, and performance optimization and custom pixel placement within Facebook Ads platform
- Data analytics experience reading, interpreting, decision making and results reporting using Google Analytics and CRM platform data
- Experience implementing A/B testing, lead generation and awareness paid media campaigns
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize workload and multi-task, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff
- Collaborative work style to effectively work within cross functional teams & across departments to deliver high-quality digital communications on schedule
- Passion for CARE’s mission
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-23