Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Advocacy Specialist/Sr Specialist Band B/C
Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not-for-profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
What We Look For: An exceptional writer who will create compelling content for our email program that raises over $800,000 in revenue and maximizes engagement. You will work in collaboration with campaign teams to identify top-performing content opportunities that align with program teams’ campaign goals and write engaging email blasts for Friends of the Earth’s nearly-3 million-subscriber email list. We’re looking for an innovative thinker to design and implement testing ideas that continue to raise the bar of what success looks like.
Does this sound like you? If so, then this is the position for you. This is a growth position. We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The range for this full-time role in the Washington, DC office or remote position is $58,000-$65,000/ $64,000-$74,000. The candidate must be able to work 9am-5pm EST. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
What the Role Needs:
Exceptional writer: You write content that engages our Membership base, motivates them to take action, and raises money, and you make otherwise wonky topics relatable.
Relationship-oriented: You recognize the importance that relationships with colleagues play in your work and you build rapport and trust with others in the organization.
Innovative Thinker: You are able to spot opportunities to advance goals and come up with creative testing ideas for email, donation pages, and landing pages to continue raising the bar of what success looks like. You propose innovative testing ideas to improve advocacy email performance.
Data driven: You follow the data on what works, drop tactics that don’t work, and test new ideas before implementing. You meet revenue goals for advocacy emails by finding top performing content, writing and testing donation page content, and using learnings from winners to inform future tests
- 2-4 years of experience (Digital Advocacy Specialist) or 4-6 years of experience (Senior Digital Advocacy Specialist) in digital marketing, fundraising, or communications in a campaign, nonprofit or corporate setting
- Sophisticated understanding of the structures through which race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and other axes of identity function to unjustly distribute power and oppress some in our society and how those systems show up in the digital space.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Strategic mindset: You come up with insightful, pragmatic, equitable, and sustainable ways to tackle common challenges and produce positive change. You have a successful track record of taking a concept from idea to implementation.
- Highly flexible: You understand that the nature of the work means that sometimes content has to be rewritten or cancelled in a matter of hours and you are not frustrated by a constantly changing internal and external environment. You are fast paced and able to push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change.
- Highly Organized: You are able to stay on top of multiple moving pieces that involve different stakeholders, stay on top of email communications, implement feedback in writing, and plan backwards and anticipate obstacles change.
- 2 years of experience in fundraising
- Experience with ActBlue or other online fundraising program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
Friends of the Earth is committed to providing benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching effective Day 1 (3% match)
- Generous Leave (Vacation-minimum 2 weeks to start, 12 Holidays, Sick, Parental, Sabbatical and More)
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-17