About the Digital Campaigner
The Working Families Party is looking for a creative, dynamic, motivated, and resourceful Digital Campaigner to engage and grow our base of supporters through email, broadcast SMS, and other digital channels. The Digital Campaigner will have a unique opportunity to put their knowledge and talents to use growing and engaging our supporter base and helping to win progressive victories in exciting campaigns across the country.
This position will be a key member of the Working Families Party’s National Digital Communications Team and will report to the National Deputy Digital Director, while working closely with staff across departments. This is a remote position.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Works with other members of the national Digital Communications team to implement digital outreach, fundraising, engagement, and communications strategies.
- Supports the day-to-day operations of WFP national and state email and broadcast SMS programs, including drafting, editing, producing, targeting, proofing, and sending email and SMS messages.
- Pitches ideas, including in rapid response moments, and collaborates with staff across WFP departments to help meet national digital engagement and fundraising goals.
- Trains and supports national and state organizers on digital strategy and tools, including email writing and broadcast SMS strategy.
- Analyzes, plans, and implements strategies to constantly improve our performance and engagement.
- Monitors engagement and inboxes across channels in order to respond to supporters, capitalize on opportunities, and build resilient audiences.
- Assists with social media content, digital advertising, digital fundraising, content production, website updates, support for WFP states and projects, and other tasks as required.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more broadcast email, SMS, and/or digital organizing tools (e.g., Action Network, Every Action, Blue State Digital, ActionKit, Mobile Commons.)
- Ability to communicate compellingly and creatively through the written language, including in response to breaking news, current events, and pop culture, with an intersectional political lens.
- At least 1 year or cycle of experience with an email or broadcast SMS program, preferably in a political or advocacy setting.
- Familiarity with digital metrics and the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions about engagement and performance, and suggest improvements in strategy for reach and growth.
- Familiarity with graphic design and ability to work from templates to produce graphics (e.g., Canva, Photoshop)
- Ability to plan and manage complex projects, meet deadlines, communicate with teammates, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to a progressive vision of racial, social, and economic justice and a deep understanding of how all of these issues intersect.
Preferred (but not required) Skills
- Advanced graphic design skills.
- Experience training others on CRMs such as Action Network, Every Action, Blue State Digital, or ActionKit.
- Experience in website design or development.
- Fluency in Spanish.
The base salary range for this position is $50,000 to $65,000 and will be adjusted based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance and matching contributions into a 401(k) retirement plan, plus paid holidays, sick time, and vacation. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available.
What Else Should You Know?
This is a remote position. Applicants do not need to be based in New York.
About Working Families Party
The Working Families Party is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. Our People’s Charter spells out our roadmap to a nation that cares for all of us. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
The WFP is made up of individual and organizational members who come together to build a new political movement to change America.
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us to request such an accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-31