The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is seeking a Digital Campaigner to join a small but mighty digital team. The Digital Campaigner works closely with the Digital Director to develop an integrated supporter engagement strategy to acquire and cultivate digital audiences. This person will drive the execution of campaign projects across email, social, SMS and other digital channels that focus on converting and retaining donors, driving support for NDWA initiatives both online and offline and growing the movement with dedicated ambassadors.
The ideal Digital Campaigner candidate will have experience managing large email lists, crafting moving messages, and staging and sending email, including segmentation, testing, and reporting. The ideal candidate will also have experience utilizing digital advocacy tools such as online petitions as well as broadcast SMS and peer-to-peer texting to reach and engage supporter audiences. They will have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems and oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced and creative client service environment.
- Serve as the day-to-day project manager for NDWA digital campaign communications, including advocacy and fundraising campaigns via email, SMS, and social media
- Develop supporter journeys for new leads and existing supporters including the use of onboarding email series
- Develop strategy and implement digital campaigns to build, engage, and mobilize people around the country who want to take action to support domestic workers
- Collaborate with Field/Membership, Web/Tech, Communications, Policy and specific initiative teams to deliver optimal digital experience for supporters, ensure continuity of messaging, and identify rapid-response campaign opportunities based on what’s happening in today’s news cycle
- Create digital content that drives supporters to take action and convert to donors
- Facilitate and lead the design, production, and execution of digital campaigns for email and SMS production — including writing and routing campaign content, determining data flows and audience segmentation, A/B testing, analytic tracking
- Produce reporting and analysis of NDWA’s digital platforms
- Participate in brainstorms to develop creative content ideas for digital assets/graphics, websites and digital experiences, and on-the-ground activations
- Collaborate closely with the Communications team and external consultants to develop and write individual posts for NDWA social media properties in support of our NDWA digital campaigns
- Develop and implement strategies to drive on-the-ground organizing using digital tools
- Stay on top of the latest digital organizing and communications trends and technology, seeking out ways to integrate them into NDWA’s campaigns
- Own and manage the NDWA digital calendar; ensure it is up-to-date and proactively seek out dates of importance for the team
- Draft compelling content for the website; ensure online content aligns with brand and messaging strategies
- Ensure all strategy docs remain organized — create document templates and filing structure to optimize content creation and review processes for campaigns
- Create and update analytics dashboards/reports and analyze trends for optimization of future campaign communications
- Staff NDWA events where necessary; some travel may be required
- You are a strategic thinker who enjoys using data to inform the use of key strategies and tactics
- You have a good understanding of nonprofit and advocacy communications and what compels prospects to support an organization like NDWA
- You understand the intersection of online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action
- You have knowledge and experience in the execution of best practices in email marketing and mobile marketing
- You have 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, or campaigns with expertise in email and social media communications
- You are a talented writer, especially in email and social media formats, with exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- You have a track record of having successfully managed large email lists
- You are extremely well-organized with an ability to juggle multiple projects and meet many short- and long-term deadlines
- You have fluency in some (or all) commonly used tools such as ActionNetwork, Mobile Commons, Every Action, WordPress, Act Blue, etc.
- You have a basic knowledge of visual design tools (Photoshop, etc)
- You have working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You are an emotionally intelligent and collaborative teammate, happy working in a fast-moving remote-work team
- You are detail-oriented and highly motivated
- You have experience with, and curiosity about, trying new technologies and testing to learn and improve our work
- You are aligned with NDWA’s vision and values — commitment to the mission is a must.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker, with the ability to write content in both languages;
- Experience working with best practice online fundraising & digital advocacy/engagement
- Experience with graphic design and/or video editing
- Experience working with Facebook Messenger campaign tools or peer-to-peer SMS tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience writing with SEO in mind
- Familiarity with Civis and/or Van data
- Experience using cloud-based project management tools like Trello, etc.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=71. This position will remain open until filled.
Job posted: 2020-06-04