Digital Campaigns Manager
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Digital Campaign Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing playbooks for winning digital advocacy campaigns in priority markets. The Manager will use email marketing, social media advertising, grassroots digital toolkits and other strategies to support proactive and reactive policy goals within and across markets.
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Manager of Policy Campaigns.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work collaboratively with the government affairs, community affairs, and communications teams to develop a cohesive digital advocacy strategy that inspires action and deepens commitment to our policy goals
- Manage the digital communication calendar for the Policy and Government Affairs team, making sure mobilization emails and other action alerts are drafted, approved, tested, sent and results are recorded
- Write content for advocacy and rapid response emails and landing pages that engage diverse audiences in our high-priority markets
- Tailor research-tested campaign messaging and talking points for digital audiences and platforms
- Monitor and improve email deliverability to ensure our key messages are reaching the right audiences
- Assist in shaping the digital strategy for our app-based advocacy coalitions at the local and federal level, working with coalition partners and internal stakeholders to strengthen our coalition social media strategies and digital advertising campaigns
- Create regular and purposeful analytics reports on the progress and performance of our Instacart digital advocacy campaigns
- 3+ years of digital advocacy experience with a track record of success on legislative and/or electoral campaigns
- Demonstrated experience managing an email program on a political campaign or for an advocacy organization with an email list of at least 20,000 people
- Excellent writing skills and a demonstrated ability to adapt wonky and complex campaign messaging for online audiences and platforms
- Knowledge of automated messaging series and a solid understanding of audience segmentation
- A strong comfortability with technology and a willingness to learn and use new digital tools
- Ability to analyze data and use your results to inform future digital campaigns
- Team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- Interest in the policy issues facing our industry.
- Bonus points for previous political and/or digital strategy consulting experience
- Bonus points for experience in developing and executing paid digital campaigns across programmatic and social media platforms
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28