Digital Campaigns Manager
For more than 30 years, Physicians for Hu man Rights (PHR) has used science and medicine to document and call attention to mass atrocities and severe human rights violations. PHR, which shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize for its work to end the scourge of landmines, is poised for even greater growth and impact. As part of that strategy, we are very excited to be recruiting committed activists with a passion for human rights.
One such role will be the digital campaign manager position, which will be at the heart of PHR’s ambitious direct response expansion plan. The digital campaign manager is responsible for developing strategies and managing implementation of multi-channel digital advocacy and fundraising campaigns – including donors and prospects via email, social, and web – to substantially grow and steward the support base for PHR and its unique role in the human rights field. The manager will be a key member and help to form a new cross-functional digital working group at PHR.
The campaign manager will work in partnership with PHR’s external marketing consultants, Sanky Communications, and with PHR’s internal communications, advocacy, and development team members.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Location: New York, NY
- Plan and implement a comprehensive digital direct response program to grow annual support from donors with a giving level below $5,000, including membership program and sustainer giving.
- Collaborate with consulting agency to manage comprehensive digital direct response program – including digital donor cultivation, renewal, and solicitation campaigns, social media efforts, monthly giving, donor acquisition and stewardship, including timetables and schedules.
- Align digital campaigns with direct mail fundraising efforts.
- Lead a cross-departmental team effort to develop and execute online campaigns, online advertising, and online/offline grassroots strategies to build a constituent base for advocacy and fundraising purposes.
- Lead a cross-departmental team effort to develop and execute strategies to connect with “influencers,” raise awareness and help generate participation campaigns.
- Create and execute donor conversion, retention, and upgrade strategies.
- In collaboration with consulting agency, develop email strategies, creative direction, and lead implementation of email campaigns to drive fundraising consistent with PHR’s brand.
- Provide programmatic information and materials to consulting agency and oversee final product that is produced for digital communications related to fundraising, advocacy, and other campaigning.
- Work closely with communications and advocacy teams to support an overall digital strategy for expanding PHR’s network of medical professionals.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and consulting agency, including those focused on online fundraising, marketing and outreach efforts to ensure they are aligned with organizational objectives and agreed upon deliverables.
- Develop a framework for tracking, evaluating, and optimizing campaign performance and engagement metrics and analyze and incorporate data into recommendations and plans.
- Compile and analyze data analytics to support decision making in real time and longer term sustainable growth along the donor pathway, including list growth and engagement as well as fundraising metrics.
- Identify strategy for use of donor segments and suppression lists to retain and upgrade donors.
- Guide development and other PHR staff in understanding and using digital fundraising, including the use of digital data in evaluating donor potential beyond direct response.
- Focus on current best practices and new emerging fundraising technologies including online giving functionality, email solicitations, stewardship outreach, social media, and crowdfunding.
- Provide input in income and expense budgets; review and approve vendor invoicing.
- Other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
- Five to seven years of experience in digital campaign planning and execution; rapid response; email marketing; list building; fundraising; mobilizing “influencers” via social; writing and editing; using data for decision making.
- Hands-on experience and success in planning, developing, and delivering successful digital fundraising campaigns and project management in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience using online tools, processes, and techniques for donor development, engagement, recruitment, retention, conversions, and list building.
- Experience managing relationships with vendors and success working in cross-departmental teams.
- Prior experience with CRMs, donation processing platforms, advocacy, and email marketing platforms. PHR’s ecosystem includes Salesforce, Springboard, WordPress, DotMailer. Experience in one or more of these platforms is preferred.
- Passionate about building and mobilizing a movement of health professionals and others in support of human rights.
- Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a fast-paced team- and matrix-oriented working environment.
- Data-driven decision-maker who solicits and respects diverse opinions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to message quickly and effectively, particularly for an online audience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Passionate about learning new skills.
- Networked in the nonprofit digital world of fundraising and advocacy.
- Proactive, flexible, creative, and prepared for hard work.
- Excellent judgement and resourcefulness.
- Energetic self-starter with outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through, and proven ability to work effectively under
- Fluency in English is a requirement, additional languages a plus.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position located in New York City and is an in-office-based role (not remote.) Salary is commensurate with experience. PHR offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, a retirement savings plan, and generous vacation.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Kindly indicate where you saw this job posting in your cover letter.
Job posted: 2019-03-14