Digital Communication and Resolution Associate
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As part of the Digital Communication & Resolution (DCR) Team, the DCR Associate is responsible for generating business communications to support day-to-day work relating to shareholder recordkeeping and not in good order requests. Business communications may extend to John Hancock Registered Representatives, clients of John Hancock Representatives, independent shareholders, and outside bank and broker-dealer firms. This role will also support LiveChat as well as legacy document management responsibilities.
- Close out transaction requests through digital and written communications with clients
- Facilitate transfer of asset requests through NSCC trade systems, phone and fax materials, and written correspondence
- Track transfer of asset requests not received. Follow up with additional written correspondence and/or phone calls
- Support Compliance by communicating policy change to shareholders through written correspondence and letter campaigns
- Keep current with corporate/department policies for Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy, and Risk Management
- Review accuracy of not in good order communication requests for research and applicable policy
- Close out transaction requests through customized business correspondence specific to the client’s service request and requirements
- Support other business service areas with applicable skills such as answering customer calls and processing transactions
- Participate in team and department initiatives for customer service and process enhancement
- Handle outgoing requests from the Contact Center.
- Assist with outgoing mail, including but not limited to business correspondence letters.
- Management and safekeeping of all mediums within the Transfer Agent data library.
- Respond to internal customer requests for historical fund and account information in a timely and accurate manner. Requests include but are not limited to account transcripts, tax forms, verification of deposit requests, commitment to paying benefits and legal research for accounts.
- Quality control for outgoing mail to mitigate against privacy incidents.
- Process incoming mail.
- Provide daily support to our JHInvestments.com website visitors through the LiveChat platform.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years Industry experience preferred but not required
- BA/BS or some post-secondary education, preferred but not required
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment – both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to prioritize work requests. Display of time management capabilities
- Thorough understanding of Transfer Agent policies and procedures with regard to confidentiality of information, processing timeliness and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving/resolution
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – AA/F/M/D/V
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-09