Digital Communication Specialist
The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) in Washington, D.C., is seeking an experienced Digital Communication Specialist to assist in social media strategy and manage the day-to-day maintenance of NDRN’s social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube); develop new content for NDRN’s website including photos and videos; provide general communications support; and support communication efforts of NDRN member agencies through technical assistance.
Who We Are: NDRN is the nonprofit membership organization for the congressionally mandated, disability rights agencies known as the Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAP). P&A agencies have the authority to provide legal representation and other advocacy services, under federal laws, to all people with disabilities. NDRN provides training, technical assistance, and legal support to the P&A agencies. NDRN is also involved in legislative advocacy to create a society in which people with disabilities are afforded equal opportunity and are able to fully participate by exercising choice and self-determination. For more information on our organization go to www.ndrn.org.
Digital Content (social media, website)
· Create and manage timelines/editorial calendar for NDRN’s social media and website content.
· Manage NDRN’s social media profiles including making status updates, managing follower engagement, monitoring and responding to comments.
· Identify and develop new content for NDRN’s website; create graphics; assist with updating and maintaining NDRN’s current website content.
· Assist with email newsletters, list management and activism campaigns.
· Provide training, technical assistance, and develop resources on digital content for NDRN member agencies.
Video & Audio Production
· Work closely with NDRN staff and members, develop story ideas, and write scripts to promote disability voices from the P&A network and the disability community.
· Operate video equipment including camera, audio, and lighting.
· Edit video and manage final production including captioning and other accessibility requirements.
· Provide training, technical assistance and develop resources for NDRN member agencies on video production.
· Produce podcasts.
Media and Publications
· Support efforts to develop and maintain relationships with reporters, respond to incoming media inquiries, pitch story ideas to media outlets, monitor disability-related news coverage and maintain relevant clips.
· Assist with production of press releases, reports, talking points.
· Support efforts to increase visibility of NDRN and the work of the P&A/CAP network and position the association as a key voice on disability-related issues.
· Provide training, technical assistance, and develop resources on media and publications for NDRN member agencies.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field.
· 3-5 years of experience in a similar position. Recent college graduates with exceptional qualifications will be considered.
· Exceptional writing ability with demonstrated experience translating complicated topics into clear and compelling text.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress content management system and basic HTML.
· Video scripting, filming, editing experience.
· Basic graphic design skills, including proficiency in Adobe design software.
· Demonstrated commitment to supporting the civil and human rights of citizens with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
NDRN offers a competitive salary, based on experience. Benefits include health plan; Flexible Spending Account; transit and parking benefits; 403(b) retirement plan; paid vacation/sick leave; 11 paid holidays and an onsite gym.
How To Apply
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, samples of work (writing, video, and/or website), and salary requirements to the attention of David Card, Communication Manager, NDRN, 820 First Street, NE, Suite 740, Washington, DC 20002, via e-mail at email@example.com, Subject: Digital Communications Position or via U.S. Postal Service. Applications must be submitted by close of business November 19th.
NDRN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2021-11-02