Digital Communications Adviser #21-234
The Digital Communications Adviser is responsible for the delivery of strategic digital content, including extensive analysis and advice to enhance and secure brand position and employer brand for CCA. The Digital Communications Adviser plays a key role in the design and delivery of our targeted internal digital communications content, aligned with the organization’s wider workforce communications strategy and initiatives.
The Digital Communications Adviser is the technical authority for dissemination of information through all our internal digital, social, and multimedia channels. They will establish and maintain communication with all relevant functional areas and programs to identify optimal vehicles for publishing and communication needs. They will manage and coordinate our publishing processes and take responsibility for web-based and digital media research, data collection, analysis, benchmarking, and reporting to ensure the delivery of website content to achieve agreed targets, timeframes and style.
The Digital Communications Adviser supports the Internal Communications team in providing expert advice on all aspects of digital communication, including supporting staff with the use of digital platforms.
- 10 years’ experience with communications operations and digital communications, including experience working with digital UX teams.
- Proven track record of providing proactive, innovative service for a communications department.
- Outstanding written and verbal communicator
- Pristine proofing and copy editing
- Proficiency in common office software applications, such as Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability the manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Works cross functionally (IT and comms)
- Strategy and planning, governance
- Knowledge of digital UX & UI
- Proficiency with production and editing of video messaging
- Proficiency with production of Intranet, desktop and text alerts, email campaigns and technical management of employee social channels
Experience working with and directing technical and creative teams, including UX/UI designers, audio and video editors, and other digital media producers
- Supports and advises the internal communications and digital transformation team in developing objectives, setting priorities, and participating in planning.
- Sets up tracking, measurement, and reporting for digital communications activity.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to identify current and future communications needs, resources, priorities and scheduling.
- Provides expert advice on digital communications, UI and UX to inform the development and implementation of corporate communications strategies, policies, guidelines, procedures, governance, change management, workplans, and activities.
- Support communications efforts on organizational change initiatives. Exercise independent judgment on day-to-day, recurrent matters, while escalating matters on the few that are more complex or require strategic evaluation.
- Following CCA goals, objectives and priorities, and in consultation with stakeholders across the organization, identifies opportunities to improve performance of digital communications functions.
- Oversees video messaging production and editing process for the group.
- Develops and oversees the technical execution of intranet alerts, desktop alerts and text alerts, email campaigns and management of all employee social channels. Works with content providers and SME’s from across the organization to ensure timely delivery of these messages across the organization.
- Regularly advises CCA content providers on strategies and best practices in digital development, design, and implementation. Develops, proposes, and implements web, UI, UX, and new media communication guidelines, procedures, templates, tools, standards, including, retention and archival schedules to assist in managing CCA’s intranet and company communications.
- Coordinates end-user surveys, usability studies and testing; applies recommendations to digital content and architecture; advises program staff on UX and usability standards and their application.
- Works with CCA cross-functional teams, such as IT and Comms and governance groups, representing the communications function, sharing knowledge, and ensuring best practices. Participate on task forces and project teams. Implement and interpret surveys to measure satisfaction and effectiveness of employee communications channels.
- Requires creativity, sound judgment, strong ability to be proactive and responsive to different situations.
- As a member of the Internal Communications team, supports some copy writing and proofing activities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-18