Digital Communications Assistant Manager
Rust-Oleum is seeking a highly motivated Digital Communications Assistant Manager who will continue to take Rust-Oleum’s web properties to the next level. This position will be crucial to the overall success of Rust-Oleum’s many websites and will ultimately be responsible for ensuring our product portfolio is presented properly to end users.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn’t particularly set out to invent rust preventive paint. He just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
Founded in 1921, the same passion that drove the Captain to create the world’s first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we’ve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2,000 people across every corner of the world help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
- Responsible for writing and optimizing website content and copy for SEO best practices
- Manage and improve our internal organic search engine performance
- Work side by side with our digital insights, social and content development teams to deliver strong content rotation plans
- Write metadata for all consumer website content
- Work with brand marketing teams to deliver the best possible product experience
- Work with the internal Web Development team to ensure consistent navigation across web properties is maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3-5 years’ of relevant experience
- Excellent writing, time management and communication skills
- Content Management System experience necessary
- Strong SEO experience
- Project management skills a must
- Strong knowledge of on-site search best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team-oriented self-starter able to collaborate with different personalities and levels
- Must be able to provide writing samples
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-06