Digital Communications Manager
The Nuclear Energy Institute is looking to hire a Digital Communications Manager to join our content team. Working closely with our colleagues in the larger external communications department, the content team’s mission is to translate complex issues into compelling content that moves audiences to action. Our storytelling-first approach to content and narrative development has successfully persuaded audiences both inside and outside the Beltway. The Digital Communications Manager will manage NEI’s written and visual content, including blog posts, web content, video content, and graphics, and serve as editor of NEI’s weekly digital newsletter, Nuclear Energy Overview.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for coming up with new, innovative ways to communicate the benefits of nuclear carbon-free energy, and be passionate about working towards solving our climate crisis. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and excel at working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams. Excellent editorial judgment and attention to detail are also essential to success in this role.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Digital and Content Strategy. The Digital Communications Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager in ensuring content aligns with overall strategy and effectively reaches key audiences.
- Manage NEI’s written content including drafting blog posts, long-form written pieces, video products, e-newsletters and email campaigns, editing colleagues’ contributions to the blog, and regularly reviewing and reporting out on metrics.
- Serve as editor of NEI’s weekly digital newsletter, Nuclear Energy Overview.
- Manage the development and execution of website pages on NEI.org.
- Support the implementation and optimization of paid campaigns on social channels, working closely with NEI’s digital consulting agency and the Digital Content Manager.
- Work closely with colleagues across NEI to ensure alignment on messaging and content approach.
- Leverage data from social platforms and website to inform and guide content strategy.
- 3+ years of experience in managing and/or creating content for multiple platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in policy or energy sector preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Deep understanding of AP Style guidelines for news writing.
- Must demonstrate the ability to write persuasively, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to develop accurate, credible and persuasive representation of NEI positions.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects, work independently, keep track of short- and long-term priorities, and meet deadlines reliably.
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency using a range of operating systems, digital platforms and apps. Working knowledge of social media management tools (preferably Sprout Social) and content management systems (preferably Kentico).
If this position matches your goals and expertise, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the job title of the vacant position. Please, no phone calls. You also can mail your information to:
Nuclear Energy Institute
Human Resources Director
1201 F Street, NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20004
Job posted: 2021-07-27