Digital Communications Manager
The Digital Communications Manager plays a key role on the communications and marketing team at the Greater Baltimore Committee, the leading business advocacy organization in the Baltimore region. The primary responsibilities of the position are to drive the planning and execution of digital media content for the web and mobile platforms, social media, two regular newsletters and planning, developing and distributing email marketing campaigns, primarily for events. This position serves as the primary digital content planner and producer, ensuring that the content delivered to internal and external audiences is accurate, compelling and of the highest professional standards. The applicant must exercise strong judgement about content and strategic thinking regarding placement, timing and execution of website content, social media, email campaigns and other digital content.
This position requires a creative thinker and planner who enjoys innovation, team collaboration and adherence to deadlines to see that the organization’s brand and message resonates with diverse stakeholders and the general public.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated professional experience as a Content Producer managing the development, placement, accuracy and SEO of text and other content, such as videos, photography and graphics, on a web site for a business, nonprofit, news outlet, university or other institution.
• Experience with CMS (like WordPress)
• Demonstrated ability ensuring that desktop and mobile users have a rewarding experience.
• Demonstrated experience working independently and taking initiative in proposing or creating content for digital platforms, while also working with staff subject matter experts to ensure new and relevant content is placed and promoted on digital platforms.
• Ability to work in a collaborative fashion with the organization’s outside website support vendor to address technical and other issues, sometimes on short notice and under time constraints, to ensure the website audience experience is not interrupted.
• Demonstrated ability and experience with creating, optimizing, and analyzing communication and marketing campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively promote social media content and grow audience.
• Experience creating, scheduling and managing email communications and event marketing campaigns via Constant Contact or similar platform.
• Experience building and maintaining a calendar for event email marketing campaigns to promote ticket sales.
• Demonstrated writing experience, with ability to convey subject matter in easy-to-understand language on websites and an organization’s newsletter for an educated general audience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience, including past experience writing for newsletters, reports or other publications to engage and appeal to educated general audiences.
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills, and adept at juggling multiple priority assignments and deadlines.
• Able to work and meet deadlines individually, as well as on teams, without the need for close day-to-day supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative work environment.
• Open to feedback on creative and other projects and demonstrated ability to feedback effectively to improve work processes, published content, etc.
• Minimum 5 years of digital communications or marketing experience.
• Track record as a self-starter and working independently.
• Interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships with staff at all levels and collaborate effectively across an organization.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Adobe CC Suite a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism (multimedia), mass communications (multimedia), public relations, marketing or a related field.
• This position is based at the organization’s office.
• Published writing samples will be required from selected candidates.
• Samples, such as screenshots, of authored and managed website content, newsletter content and social media content will be required from all selected candidates.
• Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed by the President & CEO or V.P. for Communications & Marketing.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Karen Parrish, Executive Assistant to the President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2021-10-10