Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Communications Manager
About American Economic Liberties Project
The American Economic Liberties Project is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to fighting monopoly power. We combine policy and regulatory expertise with strategic communications, coalition-building, and advocacy campaigns to help ensure policymakers protect workers, small businesses, communities, and democracy from monopolistic corporations to advance economic liberty for all.
Economic Liberties seeks a motivated Digital Communications Manager to support the efforts of its Rethink Trade program. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working in digital strategy with focus on economic justice and basic knowledge of economic and trade policy. This position will report to the Rethink Trade Director and will work closely with the Economic Liberties Communications Director and her team.
The Digital Communications Manager will support Rethink Trade’s work, managing all program communications related to supply chains, trade, China, globalization and more. They will oversee Rethink Trade’s online presence across channels and platforms, strategically distribute Rethink Trade’s cutting-edge content to maximize audience engagement, manage the website, and produce Rethink Trade’s podcast and high-level public events and videos. The Digital Communications Manager will also provide data-driven insights and reporting to improve program processes. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the Rethink Trade website to ensure it reflects policy developments, showcases the depth and breadth of the program’s work, and elevates the site as a valuable resource to key audiences.
- Manage Rethink email program to build audience for events and podcast and maximize readership for blogs and reports, and use analytics to grow online audience and optimize engagement.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Rethink Trade’s social media presence to build audience engagement in program’s research and analysis.
- Develop metrics and growth targets for Rethink’s online channels and use metrics to produce regular reports containing actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Produce Rethink Trade’s podcast, including brainstorming topics and guests and leading the recording and editing processes.
- Support the production and promotion of Rethink’s webinars and other online events.
- Build and maintain relationships with social media and digital campaign staff of coalition partners, Members of Congress, and influencers and work with these partners to plan joint strategies for digital initiatives, leading when appropriate.
- Participate in the design, execution, and management of paid digital advertising campaigns.
- Become fluent in the range of policy solutions available to address concentrated corporate power and corporate hijacking of international trade deals and policies.
- At least 4-5 years of digital communications experience in a fast-paced political campaign, newsroom, or advocacy organization. Experience working on economic or trade policy issues is preferred.
- Excellent strategic social media planning and execution skills, including content writing and graphic/video creation on Canva or preferred software.
- Advanced knowledge of how to effectively use digital tools to elevate cutting edge content.
- Proficiency with website building platforms and content management systems, like WordPress, and working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Intermediate knowledge of podcast recording and distribution platforms and software including Riverside.fm and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Demonstrated experience building emails (Mailchimp), managing lists and list segments, and optimizing send outs.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex economic policy information—like reports, academic research, surveys and statistics, and public policy—into accurate, accessible, and digestible written social media or website content for broad and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving, with strong decision-making skills and the ability to give and receive timely feedback and edits.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to keep track of multiple tasks, meet competing deadlines, and actively communicate potential conflicts to colleagues; and
- Sense of curiosity, orientation for learning, and a passion for fighting corporate power.
Compensation and Benefits
The Digital Communications Manager position is a full time, exempt position with an annual salary range between $70,000 – $80,000. Though American Economic Liberties Project is based in Washington, DC, we will consider remote candidates. Relocation reimbursement is not available for this role.
American Economic Liberties Project provides an excellent compensation and benefits package for all its full-time employees including, but not limited to:
- A 401(k) retirement program with employer matching.
- 15 days of vacation leave during the first year of employment.
- Paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Years Day.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended.
As an equal opportunity employer, the American Economic Liberties Project values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to recruiting and promoting regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Rethink Trade works to replace the current “trade” rules that were rigged by and for the world’s largest corporations with damaging results for most people and the planet. To learn more about Rethink Trade’s work, visit our website at www.rethinktrade.org. To learn more about the American Economic Liberties Project, visit our website at www.economicliberties.us.
Job posted: 2023-02-01