Digital Communications Manager
About the job
Digital Communications Manager
The Digital Communications Manager will enhance the Council’s public policy and program portfolio of work and contribute to the Council’s mission by:
Working with the Council’s President and Vice President of Policy and Government Affairs.
Supporting the implementation of the Council’s Member Programs.
Managing the Council’s traditional and digital social media communications strategies and objectives, including:
- The Council’s digital media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and the mhtc.org website
- Production/development of presentations, executive briefings, meeting/program materials and communications content
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Lead all aspects of the Council’s communications with members and external audiences including via social media; the Council’s website; emails, e-newsletters and other digital communications platforms:
- Manage content and create campaigns that promote the MHTC value proposition on social media (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Maintain and contribute to website content and design
- Assure consistent branding throughout all platforms and ensure professional quality of communications materials
- Execute video components to digital communications strategy
- Monitor relevant media coverage of Council events, initiatives, and issues
Support preparation and production of Council events and meetings, including virtual or in-person roundtables, Board of Directors meetings and the Council’s Annual Meeting.
Assist with the Council’s public policy advocacy efforts including basic issue research and preparation of advocacy materials.
- Commitment to the Council’s mission
- 2-5 years of experience
- Project management skills: demonstrated problem-solving skills, organization and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in photo and video editing software
- Deep knowledge of web design principles
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, Eventbrite, FileMaker, WordPress, Adobe
- Ability to use metrics to measure the success of a communications/member engagement campaign
- Awareness of and ability to leverage the latest social media trends and tools
Location and Hours
- The Council’s office is located at 2400 District Avenue, Burlington, Massachusetts
- As of March 13, 2020, all Council employees have been directed and authorized to work remotely until further notice
- Post-COVID: up to 50% of the Position’s duties may be conducted outside of the Council’s office, predominantly at locations within Greater Boston and including Council member offices, State House and other public facilities
- Compensation for the Position is commensurate with skills and experience
About the Massachusetts High Technology Council, Inc.
The Council is a private not-for-profit organization of CEOs and senior executives representing technology companies, professional services firms, and research institutions dedicated to creating and sustaining conditions that support investment, job growth and improved quality of life in Massachusetts. The Council distinguishes itself by specializing in advancing complex, multi-year public policy strategies and developing impactful member programs in support of conditions that protect and enhance a strong Massachusetts economy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17