Digital Communications Manager
We are searching for a Digital Communications Manager to join our dynamic and growing strategic communications team to lead digital content and operations to support The Foundation’s mission, communications, and engagement campaigns.
The person in this position will be responsible for daily content creation across multiple social media platforms, tracking social media engagement across multiple channels and campaigns, and maintaining The Foundation’s website. They must exhibit a strong understanding of social media tools and platforms and be a dynamic content creator. An essential component of this position is communicating The Foundation’s brand in a compelling, authentic way that will attract new donors and supporters.
Ideal candidates will have experience building digital campaigns and growing social media audiences; have an understanding of the news cycle and social justice work; understand the importance of brand standards; demonstrate skills for creating videos, building graphics, and working on short deadlines.
· Manage day-to-day operations of content development, website updates in WordPress, email marketing in Mailchimp, and social media governance
· Monitor The Foundation’s brand on social media
· Design and implement social media strategy to align with The Foundation’s mission and goals
· Create compelling content for social media channels and website that builds meaningful connections and encourages supporters to take action
· Facilitate digital storytelling and leadership topics by establishing and overseeing a process for digital content development
· Establish and maintain content calendars to ensure digital platforms are refreshed daily and accurately reflect The Foundation’s position on critical issues
· Work with public affairs and digital staff on finding and seizing content opportunities, from blog posts to graphics, to videos; synthesizing national content into local content
· Oversee the design and creation of all digital assets, including graphics and video content
· Build brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers
· Manage and communicate with online communities to respond to queries, monitor comments, and ensure respectful and appropriate engagement
· Create a structured framework to measure, track, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of digital communications and campaigns
· Maintain The Foundation’s website, refreshing content, and customizing web pages for delivering key messages, support specific events, and gathering supporter information
· Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or identified
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· BS/BA Degree, preferred emphasis in communication, business, and/or marketing
· Minimum 5- 7 years of digital marketing or digital operations or equivalent experience
· Understanding of both major and emerging social platforms
· Demonstrated digital communications strategy experience, with expertise in all digital channels and how to leverage them in a complementary way
· Ability to create and deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
· Solid knowledge of WordPress, SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
· Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) as well as the ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
· Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects autonomously and collaboratively
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while ensuring quality
· Excellent copywriting skills
· Ability to flourish in a diverse environment that is transparent and collaborative.
How to Apply
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Diversity and inclusion are long-standing core values at The Foundation. We value differences among individuals including, but not limited to, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, as well as beliefs and ways of thinking. We strive to create an inclusive work culture that ensures that all individuals are heard, respected, and supported to do their best work.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Job posted: 2021-04-06