Digital Communications Manager, Communications & Public Affairs Practice
Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team has successfully led communications and public affairs campaigns for clients across various industries. Our culture and values play an integral role in how we operate, and we work hard to bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do.
We are looking for top talent at the Manager level for our growing digital team. Successful candidates will have experience implementing digital strategies for strategic communications, public affairs, and advocacy challenges. Managers are expected to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines simultaneously, including managing digital projects for clients, drafting memos, developing digital content, and reporting on campaign progress.
- Have strong writing and verbal communications skills
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills
- Be motivated, responsible, and proactive
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have a demonstrable interest and expertise in digital and social media
- Develop client facing materials, including memos, presentations, and social media content
- Manage multiple workstreams for projects, as well as those of more junior team members, by setting priorities and delegating to adhere to timelines and meet deadlines
- Establish strong client relationships through regular email correspondence, calls, and virtual or in-person meetings
- Responsible for developing and releasing digital media content
- Work closely with our CPA team to establish effective online campaigns and engaging assets to impact target audiences
- Monitor the efficiency of our clients’ digital media channels, identifying ways to make them more effective
- Create and present performance reports highlighting KPIs, relevant insights, and optimizations
- Work with digital paid media, including helping to plan budgets and developing performance metrics
- Demonstrate strong judgement and advanced communications skills through critical thinking and project management
- Contribute to new-business proposal and presentation development
- Proactively manage administration of ongoing client engagements, including utilization, profitability and regular reporting
- Demonstrate professionalism and maturity, contributing to a positive work environment for colleagues and clients
- Contribute to organic growth opportunities with clients that result in new projects and revenue
- 5+ years of experience in strategic communications or public affairs within the corporate, government, non-profit or agency spaces, political campaigns, or a related industry, with at least 3+ years in a role with a focus on digital and social media
- Demonstrated success implementing strategic communications and public affairs programs and tactics
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Experience using digital communications and social media platforms for clients, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, the press and other audiences
- Strong organization, prioritization, and project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments while maintaining high quality work product and careful attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, manage up, and maintain quality, detail, and organization across multiple assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and common social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities are a plus
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth. Learn more here
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Job posted: 2021-11-02