Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Communications Specialist
The Digital Communications Specialist plays a key role in the creation, execution, assessment, and management of MARE’s branding, marketing, and production. This role is responsible for designing MARE’s visual identity across all platforms and projects, including web, printed collaterals, and campaigns; for managing the tactical execution of MARE’s digital marketing tools including social media, email marketing through MailChimp, and web-related exposure; and for overseeing photo and video production projects at MARE, including co-managing community volunteers, supervising production interns, and ensuring the quality of all photo and video output.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Public Relations to manage the visual identity of the organization
- Design and implement all visual representations of the organization including: Website presentation and front-end design
- MARE collaterals such as brochures, reports, booklets, flyers, nametags, business cards, etc.
- Campaign-specific images, graphics, and promotions for MARE events, initiatives, and marketing strategies
- All panels and digital presentations of the Heart Gallery portrait exhibit
- Assist in creating content, scheduling, and engaging on MARE’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Create and coordinate MARE’s email marketing and outreach through MailChimp
- Creates landing pages, sign-up forms, and other marketing related tools
- Assist with creating and utilizing marketing-specific reporting suites and systems
- Assist with SEO optimization, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and all web-related marketing tools
- Contribute to team brainstorms, planning, and implementation of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Design marketing materials for collaborative initiatives and events outside the organization (e.g. Jordan’s Furniture Walk/Run, National Adoption Day)
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure that all production requests for Heart Gallery photos and Videosnapshots are being fulfilled and properly tracked
- Communicate brand standards to volunteers, act as point of contact for technical questions, organize and store production files, and publish content to appropriate channels. Oversee the quality of all deliverables from volunteers for both photos and videos
- Supervise production-related interns (e.g. Video Production Interns) as directed by the Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Provide photography and videography support as needed for MARE events, programs, and initiatives
- Administer MARE website, including updates to Child Profiles and events
- Contribute to copy-writing for MARE presentations, including the MARE website, emails, and other communications
- Attend MARE programs and events (usually evenings and weekends, statewide) as assigned.
MARE currently has a remote/in-person hybrid model for ongoing work. MARE staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. MARE actively seeks to broaden the diversity of our team, and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. You can view MARE’s racial equity statement here: https://www.mareinc.org/page/who-we-are#racial_equity_statement. Candidates must be mission-driven and share MARE’s urgency for finding permanency for all children and teens in foster care, through innovation, compassion and collaboration.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-28