Digital Communications Strategist
Digital Communications Strategist – Job Opening
Doctors for America (DFA) is a national grassroots organization that mobilizes
thousands of doctors and medical students across the country to advocate for a system
that provides equitable, universal healthcare to everyone. DFA amplifies the voice of
progressive physicians through education and advocacy training to put patients over
politics and profits.
Doctors for America is seeking a Digital Communications Strategist to oversee all our
communications, and outgoing marketing and public relations efforts. The ideal
candidate will be creative, data-focused, and results-driven, bringing the Doctors for
America message to key stakeholders, and an increasingly engaged community.
· Reports to DFA Executive Director
· Position classification: Exempt, full time
As DFA’s Digital Communications Strategist, your first job will be organizing, prioritizing,
and implementing a marketing strategy based on the foundation previously crafted for
the organization. This may include, but is not limited to:
• Implementation of the Action Network platform across our website and all
• Crafting a written branding guide to establish standards for Doctors for America
• Overseeing the execution of a renewed social media strategy, utilizing the
existing Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, and building a new Instagram
• Recommending a paid advertising budget and oversight of its management on
channels including, but not limited to Facebook’s Ad Platform, Twitter’s Ad
Platform, LinkedIn’s advertising platform, Google Ads, and Microsoft ads.
• Ensure consistent A/B testing to improve campaign performance over time.
• Drafting press releases and statements related to ongoing new stories, to get our
message to the right parties
• Communicating with and selecting vendors to assist with your communications
• Reporting to various stakeholders and recommending improvements to current
Requirements and qualifications:
• 4+ years of experience either in-house or at an agency performing marketing
• Proven experience and portfolio leading communications strategies for a nonprofit.
• Oversight of paid advertising campaigns.
• Current on latest marketing trends and best practices for non-profits.
• Implementation and oversight of the Action Network platform.
• Media relationships within healthcare, governmental, or organizational spheres.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
• Previous work with creatives, or basic experience with the Adobe Suite.
• How to Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of past
work to include one press release, and one campaign communications plan to
email@example.com Include subject line: Last Name – Digital
• Start Date: Available now
• Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary, health & dental insurance, vacation, sick
leave, and employer match retirement plan.
Job posted: 2020-06-11