Digital Content Creator
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, Women Leaders in College Sports is a leadership organization dedicated to developing, connecting, and advancing women working in college sports and beyond. Women Leaders currently serves more than 3,800 members representing 600+ institutions and companies nationwide.
We provide women connection, confidence, and a path to leadership by:
- Training and mentoring women through our world-class leadership programs and events.
- Aggregating and sharing research on industry hiring trends to fast-track women’s ability to get into searches and get hired.
- Championing women leaders by promoting their success through awards and media.
- Educating, engaging, and challenging industry leaders to make more diverse & equitable hires.
- Creating opportunities for connection so that women have a powerful network to support them on their career journey.
Women Leaders is currently looking for a skilled Digital Content Creator to join its energetic and collaborative team. This is a full-time position with generous benefits, located in our Kansas City office in the lively Crossroads District. The Digital Content Creator will report to the Director of Strategic Communications and Brand Management and be primarily responsible for graphic design and multimedia content creation for social media, email marketing, the Women Leaders website, and marketing projects. This position will also manage and help grow Women Leaders’ social media presence, coordinate the Women Leaders podcast, and assist with website management.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director in all branded multimedia production efforts, including graphic design, filming, video creation and editing, podcast production, photography, motion graphics, and other digital content creation for multi-platform use (social media, email, and marketing collateral).
- Assist with monitoring and producing creative, concise, and compelling content for Women Leaders social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo), aligned with Women Leaders’ social media strategy.
- Assist with weekly, monthly, and as-needed email production.
- Manage the annual and weekly content calendars.
- Collaborate across the organization to assist all areas with graphic design and content needs.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, graphic design, media studies, multimedia production, marketing or a related field
- Experience with various computer applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere), Hootsuite, Google Analytics, email marketing platforms (e.g., Constant Contact, Mailchimp) and other web-based software
- Experience with DSLR photography and videography
- Experience in managing multiple social media platforms for an organization
- Must be able to prioritize effectively with little supervision and balance multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Digitally savvy and eager to keep up with ever-changing technology and social media trends
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and standard of excellence
- Demonstrated success operating independently as well as be part of a team
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- A passion for women’s leadership and advancement
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and highly coachable
- An optimist who sees challenges as opportunities and believes everything is “figure-out-able”
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Zoom platforms
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401k with employer match.
To Apply – Follow the steps below and submit by the deadline of October 17th
Submit cover letter, résumé and three (3) professional references via email to Jess Welk, Manager of Internal Operations & Executive Team Support, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is October 17th.
Please email applications directly to Jess Welk, do not submit your materials through the Career Connect job platform.
Women Leaders in College Sports is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse community.
Job posted: 2021-10-02