Digital Content and Email Manager
Launched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government. Accountable.US seeks a Digital Content and Email Manager to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance. Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Digital Content and Email Manager will collaborate with communications and research professionals across several issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, email, and the web.
The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though research projects may include travel on occasion. Some weekend work may be required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with Digital Director to craft and execute overall digital strategy.
- Assist with the management of content calendars for multiple online campaigns.
- Create and maintain a strategic e-mail program for Accountable.US and its projects.
- Contribute to researching, writing, and editing dynamic and effective online campaigns.
- Create landing pages, as needed.
- Set up and run the checklist and QA process.
- Work with team to create reports and recommendations based on email program performance.
- Assist with other digital platforms and programs as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum 5 years of digital marketing experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy-based list-building as well as paid acquisition;
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible and engaging manner;
- Knowledge of list health maintenance, segmentation, and email strategies;
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently;
- A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are also essential.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Content and Email Manager” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Job posted: 2020-07-30