Digital Content Manager
Common Future is a network of remarkable leaders in the U.S. and Canada who work deeply within their communities to create alternative approaches to business, philanthropy, and investing. Our network is made up of local economy leaders, place-based foundation professionals, and impact investors who are poised to share knowledge, expertise, and resources. We envision an economy where wealth is redistributed, power is democratized, and economic control is shifted to marginalized communities. We work as a “think and do tank” that enables collaboration, ideation, and adoption of economic models that empower communities that have been the most marginalized. We are a 21 person organization (and growing). Our culture values equity, collaboration, intellectual curiosity, and experimentation.
The communications team at Common Future creates content, conversations, and campaigns that transform how people think about and work towards an equitable economy. The Digital Content Producer plays a critical role in this work by helping us strengthen our digital presence, ensuring we’re in front of the right people at the right time with the perfect story that compels them to act. As Common Future diversifies and deepens relationships with its audiences, this person needs to have a solid understanding of audience development techniques and strong writing skills for a variety of platforms. Working knowledge of economic justice and the economy is a huge plus.
On a day-to-day basis this looks like: creating and publishing brand-aligned cohesive content for our digital channels — social media, blog, website, newsletter, and more; sharing insights and data on what’s working and what’s not; recommending new platforms to explore (or old ones to retire); and experimenting with different vehicles for storytelling, whether an article, a graphic, a video, or a conversation on IG Live.
Working collaboratively with the rest of the team, this person also serves as the “traffic controller” for our editorial production, maintaining an editorial calendar that reflects organizational efforts, priorities, and content created by other team members. Reporting to the Director of Communications, they will lead audience growth, engagement, and brand awareness efforts, engaging contractors as needed for special projects and campaigns.
- Developing and publishing multi-platform content — social, email (mailchimp), blog, etc — that drives growth, awareness, and engagement among key audiences.
- Writing stories and articles that will appear on Medium and other publications.
- Using photos, graphics, and videos that bring our stories to life, tell stories on their own, and move our community to action.
- Staying abreast of audience needs, industry trends, and content performance, generating creative ideas and plans that will strengthen our brand.
- Managing an editorial calendar, collaborating with the team and Common Future network to uplift events, stories, and ensure they are aware of what’s going out and when.
- Managing contractors as needed on special projects and campaigns.
- Deep understanding of digital engagement and proven ability to create content that drives conversations, audience growth, and awareness.
- Working knowledge of economic justice and the economy. Topics include community development finance, community banking, impact investing, and economic development. Journalism background in this area is a huge plus.
- Experience producing content for a variety of platforms and formats, including articles, blog posts, and social media (with examples to prove it)
- Strong and efficient writer
- Strong project management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Follow through on commitments
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Graphic design / Adobe skills. Video editing skills a plus
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Experience with brand campaigns a plus
How to Apply
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Future does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, salary expectation, up to 3 references, and a link to your portfolio or examples of relevant work here.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions with no more than 3-5 bullet points per question:
- What about Common Future’s mission appeals to you?
- How does this role align with your current career trajectory?
- What aspects of your experience are you most eager to contribute toward this role?
- Anything else you would like us to know.
Our ideal start date for this role is April 2021 with interviews beginning in late February 2021. Applications will be evaluated as they arrive and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, click here
Job posted: 2021-02-03