Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Content Writer
If you are ready to change the world and protect the protectors, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) currently has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Digital Content Writer to work in the IAFF Communications Department.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (32.5-hour work week) with office assignment at the Headquarters of the International Association of Fire Fighters in Washington D.C. Starting salary is $81K rising to 92.5K within two years – SUPERB benefits including free comprehensive health insurance for employee and dependents, extensive vacation and sick leave, flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement, 401k match, pension, and more!!
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters represents more than 338,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS practitioners in more than 3,500 local affiliates.
Please note: The IAFF is unable to provide immigration sponsorship and the option to telework is not available for this position.
The International Association of Fire Fighters is seeking a creative and passionate writer to tell the stories of fire fighters, emergency medical, and rescue workers in the United States and Canada. As a Digital Writer at the IAFF, you will produce compelling content that powers the union’s digital presence, engages our stakeholders, and supports our mission to advance the fire service.
· Craft creative, well-written copy optimized for various digital platforms, including the IAFF website, emails, and social media
· Utilize data-driven insights from email campaigns, website traffic, and social media analytics to inform content and creation strategies
· Work with other Division staff to prioritize the production and publication of content
· Supports IAFF departments and local affiliates in the conceptualization, creation, and editing of content that is high-performing and search-friendly
· Collaborate on the production of Fire Fighter Quarterly magazine
Perform other duties as required to support the Communications Division, the IAFF, and its mission
· Demonstrated experience creating digital-first content that connects with target audiences
· Excellent news judgment, strong writing skills, and a penchant for meticulous proofreading; ability to package your story with a concise headline and sharp paragraphs
· Curiosity, creativity, and innovation are a must
· Track record of working collaboratively on a team
Understanding of the fire service and labor unions is beneficial
· Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or related field
· 3‐5 years relevant experience in digital communications
· Knowledge and understanding of SEO
· Proficiency in website content management systems (i.e. WordPress)
Comfort with email marketing tools and social media management platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, and those in traditionally disadvantaged groups.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-04