Digital Coordinator Consumer State Advocacy Program
Community Catalyst, a national advocacy organization, has been giving consumers a voice in health care reform for two decades. We provide leadership and support to state and local consumer organizations, policymakers and foundations that are working to guarantee access to high-quality, affordable health care for everyone. Our contributions, which range from policy analysis and strategic assistance to managing national campaigns, enable consumer groups to provide leadership in the hard work of transforming the U.S. health care system. Since 1997, in states and communities across the country, we have been a catalyst for collaboration, innovation, and action in health care reform.
The Digital Coordinator will support Community Catalyst’s Consumer State Advocacy (CSA) project, working specifically with approximately 25 state and local project grantees on their digital presence on a variety of health care advocacy and health justice-oriented initiatives and campaigns. The CSA project will work with these partners to uplift racial justice and/or anti-racism work in the context of their projects, as many project partners will be organizations of color, supporting Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, Latino/a/e/X, Arab/Arab American, Southeast Asian, Asian, Asian Pacific Islander, Native Hawaiian, Desi and/or immigrant communities.
The Digital Coordinator will also provide support and training to Community Catalyst staff on digital strategies. As part of a team of technical assistance providers affiliated with the CSA Hub initiative, Community Catalyst will look to the Digital Coordinator to identify digital opportunities, present digital strategies, and build the capacity of both our partner organizations and Community Catalyst itself to build and grow a digital presence. The position will also work to develop compelling digital content, including graphics, to disseminate to key audiences. The Digital Coordinator will measure progress through the use of analytics and will provide support for Community Catalysts’ public information, communication strategies. The Digital Coordinator is responsible for generating fresh content for the CSA project and associated project partners.
The position will begin August 15, 2020. The position is funded through the spring of 2023.
The Digital Coordinator is supervised by the Communications Manager/Director.
- Working closely with the Communications Manager and Digital Communications Manager, support development of the CSA Hub project’s digital communications strategy, including creating compelling digital content, identifying new trends and technology, converting news, messaging and talking points into social media content, and integrating social media with other outreach strategies
- Increase the digital capacity of both Community Catalyst itself and our state partners by developing and implementing training programs and providing one-on-one coaching based on identified needs, drafting sample social media content, and identifying opportunities for Community Catalyst and state/local partners to raise the profile of an issue.
- Work with the Communications Manager to support communications team, particularly the organizations’ social media analytics. Work with communications managers and CSA Hub team to set goals for growth, engagement and visibility and create measurable actionable goals for CSA Hub campaigns. Create reports that easily convey outcomes and analytics, incorporating easy-to-understand visuals that report progress and can be used in Board/funder reports.
- Assist in all aspects of product publication and dissemination such as reports, newsletters, and other collateral materials, including assistance with the development of content as needed.
- Participate as a member of the communications team and CSA Hub team.
- Perform other duties as necessary to achieve the goals of the organization.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Commitment to health justice and racial justice
- Strong digital communications skills, including experience creating (designing and writing social content for key social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram) Familiarity with web technology, developing analytics reports and adapting content accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copy-editing
- Creativity, energy and a willingness to experiment with new approaches
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, campaign-like setting
- Proven track record of translating policy into social media soundbites that are digestible for a range of audiences
- Interest and experience in building relationships with people and organizations in other states and cities/towns, ensuring that created content is reflective of specific communities’ needs and asks
- Strong computer skills including expert use of Microsoft Office, as well as database, web content management, constituent relationship/engagement management (eCRM), and social media tools
- Experience with graphic design programs for digital content such as Canva; Experience with the Adobe Suite
- Experience with health care advocacy
BENEFITS & SALARY
- Salary Range: $46,680—$55,000
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Convenient Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C. or St. Louis, Missouri office location
Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please also include three samples of digital content (graphics) you have created, attached in PDF format. Please put “Digital Coordinator, Consumer State Advocacy” in the subject line.
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2020-07-15