Digital Design Associate
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a creative and savvy Digital Design Associate to support our Communications team and more broadly, the Partnership’s mission and programs. This entry-level position will work closely with the design team to produce marketing and research materials that engage the Partnership’s key stakeholders and build brand awareness. The Digital Design Associate will also support other key areas of the team, including social media, digital and email marketing and event support. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated creative project management experience, outstanding interpersonal skills for working with a variety of stakeholders, a background in print and online design and a strong understanding of content strategy principles.
The Digital Design Associate will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of marketing, graphic design, social media, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This person will also work closely with other Partnership teams and must be able to manage relationships and lead assigned projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with direction from the Communications Senior Managers to brainstorm, develop and execute digital strategies and campaigns.
- Develops and designs digital visual assets, including social media, web and email graphics that are engaging and informative.
- Works with the Associate Design Manager to create and design marketing collateral, event materials, signage and research publications.
- Works with the Associate Design Manager on designing, filming and editing video collateral.
- Assists with email communication campaigns to the Partnership’s many audiences through newsletters and announcements.
- Monitors campaign results and pull analytics across our digital channels to understand the effectiveness of strategies and tactics for improving marketing campaigns.
- Contributes to our branded video products, from pre-production to filming, editing and promotion in collaboration with the Associate Communications Manager.
- Performs routine website maintenance and implements content changes.
- Supports the Communications team and broader Partnership team as needed, including event support, project planning, monitoring and tracking current events that connect with our work, program delivery, and through miscellaneous marketing projects.
- Assist with documentation, and internal process management for the Communications team as needed.
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects, work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record collaborating on projects in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to stay within the Partnership’s voice.
- Strong eye for detail and concern for quality.
- Familiarity with digital content strategy and related marketing techniques.
- Familiarity with producing and editing multimedia materials for audio/video-related web content.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated political savviness and judgment.
- Flexibility, a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in.
- Passion for the mission of the Partnership for Public Service and our nonpartisan values.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, visual communication, journalism, public relations, or similar field or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- One to two years of experience coordinating/developing creative projects. Internships acceptable.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects, specifically).
- Technical capacity to support web content management on a variety of platforms. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred.
- WordPress content management system experience and UX skills a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Senior Design and Web Manager. This position may supervise an intern.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC, and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; however, additional hours may be required to support program delivery. Occasional evening or weekend activities required.
Local travel to various federal agencies will be required. Some out-of-state and/or overnight travel may be required as well.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of vacation leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and subsidized use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-28